Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

2 hours ago, AndiRush said:

The talent's brand is licensed to WWE via their contract. Twitch is a broadcaster and brand itself. Whilst I do think Vince could handle this better, I'd have thought it was given that you don't appear on unauthorised broadcasts or generate revenue streams based on WWE IP or your own likeness during the contract. 

Where does the WWE owned aspect brand begin and end, though? Likeness? Real names? Everything? It just seems shitty to me that WWE would hire these guys as independent contractors and not only want full control of their activities but would want the right to take the profit from said activities for themselves and most audaciously use said profit to offset their salary, essentially charging the talent for getting involved.

• Paid Members

55 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It would have come up eventually. The guy is a control freak. He probably gets a daily memo from Pritchard listing areas he doesn't have full control over yet. Next month it'll be voting preferences. The month after, what they're allowed to ask Santa for.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by mim731

35 minutes ago, AVM said:

It just seems shitty to me that WWE would hire these guys as independent contractors and not only want full control of their activities but would want the right to take the profit from said activities for themselves and most audaciously use said profit to offset their salary, essentially charging the talent for getting involved.

For someone with the username Anti Vinnie Mac, this comes across as perhaps slightly naive. 

I had a flick through some of the WWE stars Twitch accounts and none of them are using their WWE name in anything on the channel, Paige was originally but changed it to Saraya. Adam Cole was Chugs or something and none seemed to have any WWE branding visible either.

They'd be mental if they agreed to this and surely Vince wouldnt have a leg to stand on apart from the threat of a court case costing big $$$

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

For someone with the username Anti Vinnie Mac, this comes across as perhaps slightly naive. 

That takes me back. About 17 years to be precise. Might have to put myself in the username lottery.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe accurate - he'd have to be naive to be the antithesis of someone so utterly cynical.

• Paid Members

I don't think the difficulty in suing WWE is really the issue here.

They work for one of the only companies still running shows during a global pandemic and who just released a shitload of people, including people you would've assumed would've been lifers. Unless you've already established yourself as a star, or you're extremely confident about getting picked up elsewhere, then you'd have to be daft to cause trouble, no matter what the provocation is.

I don't know how much they make from Twitch but I doubt any of them will consider it worth risking their push or their pay, if not their actual job. Plus a huge portion of the roster are people who grew up dreaming about making it to WWE. They surely aren't going to risk that coming to an end over this are they?

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Yakashi said:

That’s always been the trouble. It will cost these guys more money and time in court than they will ever make on Twitch. Look how much it cost Punk in court and he actually won!

Aren't those costs coverable in the decision?

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
6 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

whether you like Paige/Saraya knight or not you have to really feel for her in this video i've just found on youtube with her talking about the whole Vince telling all the Wwe tallent to come off twitch or face reprocutions situation 

I don’t agree with Vince’s decision at all. But if I did that video about my Employer  in that way, I’d be getting a P45 tomorrow 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t agree with Vince’s decision at all. But if I did that video about my Employer [client who engaged my independently contracted service] in that way, I’d be getting a P45 tomorrow 

Edited by JNLister