Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

She was fine in the ring, but the hook for her, in my opinion, was that she was pushed as a genuine manager, not just an eye candy valet or romantic interest or slutty distraction. Years ago now, of course, but the original angle where Andrade stopped giving a shit and Zelina stepped in and sorted him out, whilst still being able to bust out a decent rana herself, was a great intro for her and the first step in Andrade moving up. She had a great grasp of working the camera with some brilliant facial expressions during matches, and didn't resort to the "bad ass boss bitch" Clueless promo style that most 'strong women' in wrestling seem to adopt.

She'll do well elsewhere. She's no doubt got a fair bit of coin, is a dab hand at the social media game plus sponsorships, and she has a marketable fella who'll do okay should he also get future endeavoured.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Can we maybe talk about Dynamite in the Dynamite thread rather than here please.

No. 

We're talking about a fired independent contractor and their possible future. Not a TV show. 

The conversation is absolutely fine. 

Edited by PowerButchi
Incorrectly said employee

2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Is Zelina any good in the ring? She was easily the second best non wrestling personality in WWE behind Heyman so I don't understand the need to hide her strengths. If she comes to AEW have her be the manager of Scorpio Sky and turn him heel in the process or Alastair Black if he ends up being released 

Had timing been more fortunate, she would have been perfect as Shaq's mouthpiece for this feud with Cody 

That's a great shout as Sky's manager. I would totally get behind that.

And yeah... the girl who talked on behalf of Shaq was pretty poor and wooden on the mic. If it was Vega making her debut, that would been phenomenal.  

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Zelina Vega is very talented. She is AEW level. Let’s hope she does not devalue herself by going to Impact. Nobody cares about Impact. AEW is the cool kid in town. 

I don’t think some will be happy until every single non-WWE contracted wrestler with any upside has signed for AEW.

Never understood the obsession that every single wrestler you like has to sign for company x.

As @PowerButchi said, the Impact women’s division is pretty strong as it is. But there are plenty of examples where its better for a wrestler to be showcased in the upper midcard or main event scene in Impact/NWA rather than floundering around on AEW Dark as they can’t showcase the roster they already have.

That video game of theirs will have more characters than WCW Revenge at this rate.

Edited by garynysmon

I have absolutely no clue when it comes to this twitch stuff and as discussed find such a large audience willing to pay for such things baffling. So i wasn't aware Vega was playing the twitch gimmick too and was pretty stunned to see she'd been released. Upon delving deeper realised it was seemingly down to the third-party dealie and that she's twitching, but turns out she's proper ignoring that ruling as she's working the OnlyFans gimmick as well! Which i found even more shocking, knowing the kind of content that generally appears on there and suddenly found her release a bit more understandable. But seems she uses it purely for Cosplay content, yet most shocking of all...she's charging $500 a photo or $1000 for 10 photos. Fucking hell!

I'm sure it'll evolve into something else but I hope people aren't getting hyped up doing Twitch or whatever that may be gone in year or so, it could be a short term cash grab.

As for Vega seems more odd on twitch clip I saw from last night, she talks about how much she loves wwe and being a lifelong dream because of her dad etc so why jeopardize her job if it meant that much to her and knowing it may affect Aleister.

I can see why Paige would fight wwe as she has nothing to lose

49 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I can see why Paige would fight wwe as she has nothing to lose

Why does she have nothing to lose? Like I said previously, she's getting paid nearly quarter of a million dollars a year to be in a non-wrestling role. She's getting paid the same or more than people like Sasha Banks, Carmella, Naomi, Liv Morgan and Sonya Deville to basically just cut the odd promo, do the odd backstage segment and appear on a PPV panel every now and then. If she was fired from WWE, no other company would be willing to pay her anywhere near that kind of money to be a manager or valet, and I doubt they'd clear her to wrestle either with her neck issues. Don't forget the Total Divas money too. For her situation, she currently has it pretty cushty.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

As for Vega seems more odd on twitch clip I saw from last night, she talks about how much she loves wwe and being a lifelong dream because of her dad etc so why jeopardize her job if it meant that much to her and knowing it may affect Aleister.

I know this might be too difficult to believe but maybe she actually cares about other people and their welfare, too.

52 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why does she have nothing to lose? Like I said previously, she's getting paid nearly quarter of a million dollars a year to be in a non-wrestling role. She's getting paid the same or more than people like Sasha Banks, Carmella, Naomi, Liv Morgan and Sonya Deville to basically just cut the odd promo, do the odd backstage segment and appear on a PPV panel every now and then. If she was fired from WWE, no other company would be willing to pay her anywhere near that kind of money to be a manager or valet, and I doubt they'd clear her to wrestle either with her neck issues. Don't forget the Total Divas money too. For her situation, she currently has it pretty cushty.

WWE have been fairly decent to her too in fairness. Stuck with her when she was messed up with that wanker Del Rio, allowing their title she held to be used as a ejacalit (Leon from Curb pronunciation) receptacle. They also made that film about her life like.

Edited by DCW