Brock Lesnar is apparently a free agent.

PowerButchi

As mentioned earlier, there's plenty of hosses for Brock to work with if that was on the table. The thing is though, Brock does his best stuff with smaller, more agile guys. In regards to a mouthpiece, I think the Brock that was cutting promo's in UFC would be a top heel.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he, for one second has given serious thought to AEW, nor do I think they should consider him, but it's not as ridiculous a proposition as it's being made out. 

Edit. 

I've talked myself into wanting Lesnar Vs Rey Fenix. Shit.

Edited by BrodyGraham

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You’re assuming that Brock would want to work with any of those guys, especially Moxley after that match at WM. Granted, there’s seemingly more freedom in AEW, but Brocks going to do what he wants to. And let’s face it, Tony Khan isn’t going to do shit if Lesnar gets in a mood

Oh it’s completely hypothetical, I’m not assuming anything. All of these potential feuds interest me, but it’s incredibly unlikely he’ll ever go to AEW.

On another note I think the idea that Brock can’t talk so therefore would struggle is a bit of a myth though. He was decent towards the end of his run on Smackdown in the 2000s, and he’s even better in an unscripted sit down environment. Heyman added to his act initially, but these days I’d say Lesnar would feel much more interesting if he were to go it alone.

• Paid Members

People suggesting Brock would be difficult to persuade to do anything “he didn’t want to” would do well to remember how he bounced around like a pinball on Raw selling for a well past it Big Show to hype up a relatively meaningless match for a Royal Rumble, and when he did a 90 second job for a 50 year old wrestling for the first time in over 10 years. Part of that “it’s just a business to him” is that if you’re paying him, he does what he’s told. * Even before he left first time to try making a living doing something he’d enjoy more, he didn’t mind showing arse for Eddy or Benoit. He’s a professional, you don’t get half the ego crap you do with guys more into Our Great Sport as a passion rather than a livelihood.

* Well, apart from that time he didn’t want to do more than a quick one with Ambrose on account of the latter being a dickhead.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Pogue said:

Yeah the biggest star in wrestling turning up would be a right downer 

Who said it would be a downer? I don't think they need him, and what can he offer them in reality? Brock is someone who wants to work a UFC schedule for companies that produce content 52 weeks a year. They have a big enough roster already to fill 3 hours of content a week, they don't need to pay someone millions for a few dates a year, when they are already building up a sizable audience.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

The other thing with Lesnar in AEW is how do you present him without Heyman? 

I don't recall him being the best of promo guys, but would anybody in AEW be able to talk him up and get him over the same way Paul E did? 

Have Lance Archer lose a couple of title shots and Jake gets frustrated so he unveils Brock who obliterates Archer.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Chris B said:

Nobody would make me reduce my interest in AEW than Brock Lesnar. I have zero desire to see him turn up there.

Really? Come on dude, Lesnar is the biggest name and the best worker available to anyone right now. I'm in the "never gonna happen" camp but just the announcement that he'd signed would bring about a million questions around what they've promised him, what he's willing to do, what he's working, where and when and all without considering what he'll actually do on screen. Then there is the intrigue of the absolutely fuck fit Vince would throw and how he'd respond.

I think it's a myth that Lesnar needs Heyman to talk too. He became a really good mic guy before he left the first time and was a good talker in UFC. You could put him with a Taz or something if you really felt he needed it but it'd be a waste of time. Just let him go and pre-record if you need to cut out some waffle.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Have Lance Archer lose a couple of title shots and Jake gets frustrated so he unveils Brock who obliterates Archer.

But this is the main problem with Lesnar, as great as he is, you are going to ruin quite a few guys on the way to making one guy who beats Lesnar. I'm with Chris to be honest, other than the spike in viewers Lesnar would bring, for me personally, i'd be happy for Lesnar to disappear from wrestling for a few years again. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Nick James said:

But this is the main problem with Lesnar, as great as he is, you are going to ruin quite a few guys on the way to making one guy who beats Lesnar. 

I don't think you necessarily need that. If Lesnar were to go to AEW - and he won't - he's going in with all of his credibility already earned from WWE and UFC; he won't need a bunch of squash matches to teach people who he is, everyone already knows. And when Lesnar's motivated, and when that aura of credibility is most intact, people can get over just by holding their own against him - a competitive match with anyone in AEW would make that guy look like a star even in defeat.

The problem from AEW's perspective is that they book monsters like it's an '80s NWA territory. Cage and Archer both came in with a ton of heat, then lost to the babyface at the first attempt - only, unlike an old territory, they've not been moved on to the next one, they just stick around for diminishing returns. Lesnar coming in for a one or two and done would be fine, but I don't know how they'd book him long-term. Wouldn't object to seeing him tear through the Inner Circle, with the smaller lads bumping like maniacs for him, then a hyped up fight with Hager, before eventually getting to Jericho.

In reality, though, he'll be back in WWE. It's just not worth their while paying him big money when he's not going to slum it on no-fans shows. If they can run Wrestlemania as normal, he'll fight Reigns all over again.