Brock Lesnar is apparently a free agent.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The other Kahn signs him and has him fucking people up at center-back.

My mind went to the Jags as he tried out for Minnesota as a DT. But seeing him splatter Leeds players at the Cottage would raise a giggle or fifty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, LaGoosh said:

Is Brock even a proven draw the past few years? Has he justified his price tag? I don't recall any reports of big ratings bumps or sell out crowds for his appearances?

The Goldberg v Brock fued a few years back definitely moved the needle on ratings and PPV buys, but I'm not sure about any tangible evidence since.

Probably lack of credible opponents more than anything. Imagine him in AEW against all their feather weight cartoon wrestlers.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Brock in AEW. It’ll almost certainly never happen, but Page’s redemption arc culminating in a win over Lesnar? Love that. 

Then you have Lesnar/Cody, Lesnar/Omega, Lesnar/Archer, Lesnar/Wardlow, Lesnar/Dustin, Lesnar/Jericho (has that match ever happened?), a Lesnar/Moxley rematch intrigues me, And I even like the idea of Lesnar/Darby, with Lesnar tossing him around, Darby bumping like crazy but refusing to give in and kicking out of pin attempt after pin attempt before he finally succumbs. 

Would he be worth the money he’d demand, or disrupting the locker room harmony? Probably not, but the idea of Brock in AEW excites me far more than watching him plough through the usual suspects in WWE. 

Edited by RedRooster

You’re assuming that Brock would want to work with any of those guys, especially Moxley after that match at WM. Granted, there’s seemingly more freedom in AEW, but Brocks going to do what he wants to. And let’s face it, Tony Khan isn’t going to do shit if Lesnar gets in a mood

And to answer your question, there’s only ever been one singles match between Lesnar Jericho, a Smackdown House Show on October 13th 2002 in Calgary. Every other time it could’ve happened would been in Royal Rumbles from 2003, 2016 and 2017. Jericho supposedly confronted Brock after he smashed Orton’s head open at Summerslam a few years back, but nothing came of it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

In the tightly controlled corporate environment of WWE Brock basically does what he wants and is a pain in the arse when he doesn't like something, imagine what a nightmare he'd be to deal with in AEW. Brock would have poor Tony Khan over a table like he was Simon Adebisi.

• Paid Members

The other thing with Lesnar in AEW is how do you present him without Heyman? 

I don't recall him being the best of promo guys, but would anybody in AEW be able to talk him up and get him over the same way Paul E did? 

Bringing in Lesnar to do Lesnar shit just with different opponents would be a waste of money and a disservice to the AEW roster. AEW has really set itself apart of late with its promo work and angles, and Lesnar's had Heyman doing all his talking for him for years, and every angle has basically been "Can you beat eleventy-one German suplexes?" Why bring him in to ragdoll Darby when Darby can do that with anyone, and has been? Why bring him to go vs Mox or Jericho when you know they're going to work Brock's match and not the mental Hardcore shit that some people seem convinced would be any better? Defeating him doesn't elevate Hangman when Hangman has so many existing demons in ring to defeat already that have real emotional weight.

AEW has done too good a job establishing itself and its style to make it worth it, not while Jericho dunked in orange juice and 50 year old old-schoolers have broken the 1 million ratings barrier.

17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

In the tightly controlled corporate environment of WWE Brock basically does what he wants and is a pain in the arse when he doesn't like something, imagine what a nightmare he'd be to deal with in AEW. Brock would have poor Tony Khan over a table like he was Simon Adebisi.

Brocks definitely got more of a Schillinger outlook I reckon.
AgQh1q1.jpg
“You know, I always wondered ‘Was Kenny Omega’s dick bigger than mine?’ You be the judge”

Ah I want to see an off the rails 2000 WCW Steiner-esque Lesnar in AEW now. Brock walking to the ring with a tiger on a leash for no particular reason,  just because everyone in the back was too afraid to say no to the mad bastard etc

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Also, AEW is trying to build new stars and present them to a new audience. I don't think Brock coming in and squashing them all is going to help much.

The other side of that is also important - who do you have Brock lose to? It's no good to the company paying Brock's rates for a slice of his merch pie if your longterm roster hasn't increased in value due to the investment.