Brock Lesnar is apparently a free agent.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Really? Come on dude, Lesnar is the biggest name and the best worker available to anyone right now. I'm in the "never gonna happen" camp but just the announcement that he'd signed would bring about a million questions around what they've promised him, what he's willing to do, what he's working, where and when and all without considering what he'll actually do on screen. Then there is the intrigue of the absolutely fuck fit Vince would throw and how he'd respond.

I'm entirely thinking of what he'd actually do on-screen. Everything you've said there is about the intrigue of the reality of the situation. From that side, would it be interesting? Yes, of course it would be.

On-screen though? Their highest profile guy is someone Lesnar already showed a complete disinclination to work with. There aren't enough guys established enough on Lesnar's level to work with him either. He'd instantly push everyone down a tier. And most of the entertainment involved in him would be because of that.

Someone mentioned how, best case scenario, he could be the final boss to finally put Hangman over the top. Except we already have that clearly set up for Hangman (since he can't literally have a final match with his own insecurities) - it's Omega. And anyway, that's just Roman Reigns booking, which we've seen enough times with Lesnar. I'd seen it enough times when I stopped watching WWE. If it worked with McIntyre, great. But I don't have the faith in Lesnar to pull it off again.

Other than that, if he's got his working boots on and they click, there's the potential of a great match with Kenny, a great storyline with Cody and otherwise, it's Lesnar demolishing a roster that doesn't gain anything from it.

Basically, Lesnar going to AEW freshens up Lesnar a hell of a lot more than it freshens up AEW. 

I'd liken it to Hogan going to WCW. That was the right call for WCW at the time, because they desperately needed to freshen things up and move to a different level. And they had their Flairs, Stings and Vaders, who were big names in their own right. AEW is still fresh. It's still building, and it needs the time to build their stars before they need a wrecking ball and the foundations rebuilding. In even two years time, it could be a very different situation, once they've paid off some of their bigger storylines and built their stars. 

This wouldn't be Hogan going to WCW in the 90s. It'd be Hogan going to ECW (or like when he actually went to TNA). There'd be some short-term gains and interest, but it'd do more damage in the long-run.

And, finally, I haven't had any interest in a Lesnar match in years. I don't find him particularly fun to watch.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Lesnar going to AEW to do jobs for their cruiserweight jabrones to prompt Vince to up his offer lest he completely job himself out would be great.

Lesnar to go to AEW instead of WWE to then devalue himself to the world, including WWE? As a gamble they’d offer him more when he’s already lost recently on the others’ show? Why would they offer more money to a star that’s just lost in the “little leagues?” If they can afford to pay him what he wants they don’t wait until he goes to piss around somewhere else first.

This will probably be my last keystrokes wasted on Lesnar not going to Elite. They won’t pay what he would ask for. He’ll wrestle again for WWE or he won’t wrestle.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Is this another The Rock will never wrestle again? 🤣

If AEW want to pay him his wedge to do one move with Erick Rowan, good for them and good for him.

Is Brock really flying to Florida to wrestle either in front of a ton of screens with people putting their thumbs down for eternity or in front of a 20% full Dailys Place. He's staying on his ranch in parts unknown with Sable, hunting deer in his spare time until they find a vaccine 

Edited by Tsurutagun
Too many to wrestles

• Paid Members

I don't see a particular upside to Lesnar going to AEW either.

He's a bigger star than they've currently got, sure, but as we've seen with Impact, that doesn't necessarily translate to an increase in ratings or PPV buys. Likewise, the idea that whoever beats him will instantly become a made man has been disproven in WWE as well. It's been well over a year since I've followed RAW or Smackdown but, one of the key things that made me tune out, was that it constantly felt like "The Lesnar show." He was so far above everybody else that, even when he lost, you knew it was only a matter of time before he was getting a title back. I don't see that improving in AEW somehow.

Plus, creatively, is there anything that Lesnar could do for AEW that someone like Lance Archer, Brian Cage or even Wardlow couldn't do adequately well for a fraction of the price? Obviously it's night and day in terms of name value and sheer talent but, if you book any of those three the way you'd book Lesnar, then they'd still get over. Anyone would really.

Except for QT Marshall.

• Paid Members

in fact, thinking about it, the appeal of Lesnar (or any major WWE name) going to AEW (or any other company) is the possibility of fresh matches. But Brock works so infrequently, and with so few opponents, that he has a laundry list of fresh matches even if he sticks around in WWE.

4 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Plus, creatively, is there anything that Lesnar could do for AEW that someone like Lance Archer, Brian Cage or even Wardlow couldn't do adequately well for a fraction of the price? Obviously it's night and day in terms of name value and sheer talent but, if you book any of those three the way you'd book Lesnar, then they'd still get over. Anyone would really.

Na Brock walked into UFC and became their heavyweight champion, after already effectively being a superworker within pro wrestling. He has a credibility in both worlds that will probably never be matched by anyone. Sure booking big hosses strong will get them over, but Lesnar is a really special case.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

Na Brock walked into UFC and became their heavyweight champion, after already effectively being a superworker within pro wrestling. He has a credibility in both worlds that will probably never be matched by anyone. Sure booking big hosses strong will get them over, but Lesnar is a really special case.

Oh sure, I get that. Lesnar obviously has more name value and sheer talent than those guys. He'd obviously create more of a buzz and draw more than anyone on the roster. That's unarguable.

He'd also cost a shit load more money though and AEW would have to ask themselves if all that extra buzz would be worth it, when they've got far cheaper options to run with, who'll be more value long term. After all, as I said, we saw big stars go to Impact and not make the slightest difference to their bottom line, and they were far more established than AEW is. Are enough people even aware of AEW's existence at this point to justify spending millions of dollars on one person? How many people will tune in to see Lesnar that aren't already watching for Jericho, Moxley, Brodie and Miro?

Putting someone else in the "Indestructible Monster runs through everyone before finally being dethroned" spot won't work as well, but it'll still work and with far less risk. 

This is all hypothetical obviously. If CM Punk was insulted by AEW's contract offer then they'll be lucky to get Lesnar to answer a phone call.

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Well now I'm here for Lesnar just beating the crap out of QT every week. Sign him up.

Judging by their weird obsession with pushing QT, he'll probably go over.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

He's staying on his ranch in parts unknown with Sable, hunting deer in his spare time until they find a vaccine 

Bit late for a vaccine, they’ve been married 14 years.