Brock Lesnar is apparently a free agent.

PowerButchi

He's playing the game, as he always does very well. Brock had two contracts with WWE. His actual deal expired after Mania. He had a merch contract with themĀ that expired last week. Of course, that's intentional by him to make him completely available to anyone and get the urgency cash from Vince if and when the counter offers come.

If you're AEW...do you actually make the play for him?

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I still think the perception of how he is would put off a lot of the AEW guys from wanting to work with him. They don't need him.

Theyā€™d all bend over backwards to bring him in, come on now.

The bigger impediment to Brock thrivingĀ in AEW would be the lack of legitimate heavyweights in their main event scene. Some of Brockā€™s best work tends to come against smaller guys but not sure the booking works withoutĀ at least the threat of a Strowman/Joe/Reigns/Goldberg type.

20 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

He's playing the game, as he always does very well. Brock had two contracts with WWE. His actual deal expired after Mania. He had a merch contract with themĀ that expired last week. Of course, that's intentional by him to make him completely available to anyone and get the urgency cash from Vince if and when the counter offers come.

If you're AEW...do you actually make the play for him?

Hell yeah.

Lesnar vs the Young Bucks two on one, Lesnar vs Omega and Lance Archer vs Lesnar are super tasty.

Plus who wouldn't love super face Adam Page defeat the beast Brock Lesnar for the AEW Championship???

• Paid Members

I think AEW should keep away from Lesnar. Unless you're making himĀ the man, he's of limited use. You can't have him trade wins and losses, and as a super-special attraction, it'd smack too much of WWE.Ā 

Best case scenario, you end up Roman-Reignsing Adam Page, or you end up with a really good Lesnar/Omega match. While you're establishing a roster, you can't have them looking second fiddle to a 'real star'. And he's not going to be going there purely to put everyone over.Ā 

I think it'd be a misstep. It's one thing to bring in former WWE names that have been under-utilised that you can make your own. Brock Lesnar is only ever going to be Brock Lesnar, and I can't see him offering much to AEW other than a buyrate.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think it'd be a misstep. It's one thing to bring in former WWE names that have been under-utilised that you can make your own. Brock Lesnar is only ever going to be Brock Lesnar, and I can't see him offering much to AEW other than a buyrate.

Ā 

I think it'll also send a message that AEW is on the same level of WWE's main shows and not just NXT.Ā 

And Angle Fan, I wasn't keen on a Brodie Leigh vs Lesnar fued, but after to admit, having Lesnar murder the entire Dark Order would be some amazing tv.

• Paid Members

I really doubt AEW even have the cash to bring him in. No way a new company that is currently just about breaking even can afford to chuck $5m or whatever at Lesnar for two or three matches a year. Especially when all he would do is squash their top guys then fuck off.

10 hours ago, Pinc said:

Theyā€™d all bend over backwards to bring him in, come on now.

The bigger impediment to Brock thrivingĀ in AEW would be the lack of legitimate heavyweights in their main event scene. Some of Brockā€™s best work tends to come against smaller guys but not sure the booking works withoutĀ at least the threat of a Strowman/Joe/Reigns/Goldberg type.

I'm actually not convinced they'd bend over backwards.

If they're as progressive and different as they say, they're already pushing it in terms of bringing in talent from other companies.

Now, that's not say there's some value in Lesnar, but how's that locker room really going to feel about a guy like him coming in? Excited to work with him or fearful of their positions. I know he commandsĀ someĀ respect in some ways but in a lot of ways he's really not in favour, especially with the type of guys that are working for AEW.

Plus is the AEW crowd one that evenĀ wantsĀ Lesnar? Would they risk bringing in some casuals but putting off the hardcore audience? It's a really tricky balance when you consider all the different combustible elements. To me, it definitely isn't as easy as 'of course any company would want Brock!'.

I get that he's big money to Vince but what would his actual impact on AEW be? It's really difficult to know.

I can't see him going anywhere. He's got UFC andĀ AEW as two big bargaining chips andĀ I'd assumeĀ Vince would continue to pay whatever Brock's asking price is to keep him at WWE and happy.

Part of me would love to see him in matches against some of the AEW roster although not necessarily as part of that company, although no doubt they'd want him. To me it would beĀ no good signing someone who is a bigger star then their champ and his current challengers if they risk Brock buggering off in a couple of years time after making everyone look like wimps.

In a dream world I'd have him as my Shao Kahn, just wheel him out as the end of level boss after an annual tournament. Like facing Butterbean after winning Brawl For All but with more suplexes......

• Paid Members

Lesnar is only into pro wrestling as a business. Heā€™ll get paid what heā€™s worth or he wonā€™t wrestle. To justify paying him what heā€™d ask for would require a firm that either expected to recoup most of the outlay through product purchases e.g. ppv buys or on demand subscriptions, and merch, and/or have enough in the bank to afford the risk. Thereā€™s only one company that meets that criteria. Lesnar will wrestle again for WWE or not at all.

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Maybe use the money to help entice Cm Punk back or something

Always one.

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Brock was on a lot of money, if he is not coming back that free's up a lot of money for WWE to use. I think brock has run his course for now at least.

Thatā€™s a good point, and something they could use to sign a bunch of guys they can mouldĀ rather than one or two ā€˜nameā€™ indie veterans

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Maybe use the money to help entice Cm Punk back or something

Oh Ralph, you were doing so well

Edited by WyattSheepMask