Brock Lesnar is apparently a free agent.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Jesus. Brock's a fucking master at this carry on of always being up for negotiation at the right time. AEW announce a second show coming, Bellator are hoping to land some CBS Network shows with a move to their sports channel, Jon Jones is moving up to the UFC's Heavyweight division, and Vince McMahon will move heaven and earth to give him whatever he wants. 

Man is the carniest, carny of the lot. 

I wonder what his options would be if he was a free agent. Or even what he'd want to do.

He's clearly a guy who likes having control over what he's doing. I can't see AEW bringing him in and allowing the same level of behaviour that Vince has. Surely Tony wouldn't bend over and let Brock fuck him up the arse and make him pay for it. Can't see that going down well with any of his staff.

So if he really wanted to wrestle somewhere.. probably Japan when it's a possibility? I'm sure a few sporadic appearances would be intriguing enough in 2021 to make it worthwhile to both sides.

Really can't see him getting back into legit fighting now.

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So if he really wanted to wrestle somewhere.. probably Japan when it's a possibility? I'm sure a few sporadic appearances would be intriguing enough in 2021 to make it worthwhile to both sides.

Not a chance he works for New Japan after what happened there previously, 

• Paid Members

Brock has been the glue that has held their main events together for ages now. It always felt like they realised whoever got a shot of the belt sunk it so Brock got it back. 

Brock will always have offers.

Like always, if Vince gets a sniff of him joining anywhere else he'll throw some money at him.

Dana is 100% getting in touch, as he always does when Brock's contract is up. Only a short time ago Brock was walking into a heavyweight title fight prior to Vince throwing him more money.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Brock has been the glue that has held their main events together for ages now. It always felt like they realised whoever got a shot of the belt sunk it so Brock got it back. 

I would say he also ruined their main event scene for the past few years too. 

Good for matches against smaller workhorses at Survivor Series ever year though.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I would say he also ruined their main event scene for the past few years too. 

Good for matches against smaller workhorses at Survivor Series ever year though.

Nah. This narrative that Brock is lazy and shite started when WWE were daft enough to use it in their 'Mania build for his feud with Reigns. Hoping Reigns would gobble up all the Internet points for shitting on Brock being part time but all it served to do was hurt Brock. The fans turned him babyface not long before that because they were loving the Suplex City stuff.

THEY ruined their main event because of that infamous Plan that never worked.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

10 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Nah. This narrative that Brock is lazy and shite started when WWE were daft enough to use it in their 'Mania build for his feud with Reigns. Hoping Reigns would gobble up all the Internet points for shitting on Brock being part time but all it served to do was hurt Brock. The fans turned him babyface not long before that because they were loving the Suplex City stuff.

THEY ruined their main event because of that infamous Plan that never worked.

Yeah I should have been clearer, I don't think Brock personally is to blame for ruining the main event scene. He's a star and always puts the work in. I meant more the booking of Brock had ruined the main event scene.

I do enjoy Brock's work especially when it's someone he wants to work with. I wonder if there's any talents anywhere else he'd like to work with enough to sign on for a few appearances or something.

I still think the perception of how he is would put off a lot of the AEW guys from wanting to work with him. They don't need him.

15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

What happened there previously?

The long and short of it was that Brock won the IWGP Heavyweight title in November 2005, defended it a few times but come June the following year decided that he didn’t want to go back, claiming he couldn’t travel because of “visa issues”, but in reality he just couldn’t be arsed. During that time, WWE were trying to get restraining orders enforced to stop him working due to the no compete clause (supposedly his no-compete didn’t expire until June 2010) from when he left WWE in 2004. NJPW held a tournament to crown a new champion, which was won by Tanahashi in July 2006.

Lesnar went back to Japan for one match in 2007 on the debut show of Inoki’s IGF promotion, losing the IWGP Heavyweight title because he was definitely still champion nudge nudge wink wink, losing to Kurt Angle, then went and pursued his MMA career

And let’s stop any talk of him going to AEW right now. He’s not going there to wrestle Omega, Cody or any of the other geeks

Edited by WyattSheepMask