UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Of course, if you want to go Inception and have the injury being a fake one in the storyline you can’t beat “the blinding” of The Sandman in ECW.

What about Seth Rollins removing the Eye of Rey Mysterio during the early days of the lockdown shows when WWE seemed to be throwing all sorts of whacky stuff at the wall.

To be totally current we have Cody with the broken arm as well from Brock Lesnars attack which got the full works production wise of being a serious injury.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

What about Seth Rollins removing the Eye of Rey Mysterio during the early days of the lockdown shows when WWE seemed to be throwing all sorts of whacky stuff at the wall.

If we're going for the "shit" interpretation of "favourite" then I'll never forget when they dubbed a terrible "bone breaking" sound effect over Owen injuring Ken Shamrock and JR had to sell that he heard something snap. The earliest example I can remember of seeing something all "cinematic" around a wrestling match rather than just blokes with cameras filming what the blokes in the ring were doing. Hated it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

The earliest example I can remember of seeing something all "cinematic" around a wrestling match rather than just blokes with cameras filming what the blokes in the ring were doing. Hated it.

They added some awfully fake sound effects to The Mountie's shock stick back in the day. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I remember them making a huge deal about Stone Cold hitting a piledriver on Kurt Angle on the floor in 2001. Was a SmackDown in the build up to Unforgiven, I think. Long segment, stretcher job, the works.

Literally just watched that episode this evening. Made a huge deal, but then made pointless by Kurt coming back half-way through the show.

Speaking of eyes, it reminds me of Raven hitting a drop toe hold into a chair on Scotty Riggs, and then Riggs wearing an eye patch for a few months after.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, gmoney said:

They added some awfully fake sound effects to The Mountie's shock stick back in the day. 

It’s true. Maybe it’s the difference between not knowing any better at 10 with the Mountie, and watching the fake ankle breaking at 16 and thinking “Come off it, as if it sounds like THAT.” Especially after they’d done quite a convincing one with Yoko just two years earlier.

23 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Speaking of eyes, it reminds me of Raven hitting a drop toe hold into a chair on Scotty Riggs, and then Riggs wearing an eye patch for a few months after.

They really committed to that one ; Riggs wore (and wrestled in) the eye patch the whole time he was in the Flock, and to my memory right up until reinventing himself with the Poundland Narcissist gimmick. Nearly spans 18 months.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Are All Star/Super Slam on hiatus post-bereavement? I've checked their site and connected ticket sites, and there's nothing booked until October.

They are usually busy with holiday camps in the summer months. I don't know how many shows they put on outside that. 

• Paid Members
On 6/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, Your Fight Site said:

Made a huge deal, but then made pointless by Kurt coming back half-way through the show.

Not uncommon sadly, for all the praise Foley and funk going off the ramp gets for it's immediate follow up people often forget they were back for the show closing brawl in their hospital gowns.

Hey guys, I'm trying to find something I may have dreamt or imagined. In my head there was a rumble that had wrestlers, especially the lesser known ones have short screen in screen promos explaining why they would win the rumble during thier entrance.  Have I mixed up some memories or did this happen? I'm think late 80's early 90's. 

Thanks in advance if you can help. 

Edited by Cheapheat