UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to find something I may have dreamt or imagined. In my head there was a rumble that had wrestlers, especially the lesser known ones have short screen in screen promos explaining why they would win the rumble during thier entrance.  Have I mixed up some memories or did this happen? I'm think late 80's early 90's. 

Thanks in advance if you can help. 

Screen in screen promos during entrances are the kind of things that happened on the syndicated shows while wrestlers were going out for jobber matches, not the PPV itself. There were often sequences of studio promos from wrestlers scattered throughout the PPV but never promos during the match itself.

8 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to find something I may have dreamt or imagined. In my head there was a rumble that had wrestlers, especially the lesser known ones have short screen in screen promos explaining why they would win the rumble during thier entrance.  Have I mixed up some memories or did this happen? I'm think late 80's early 90's. 

Thanks in advance if you can help. 

It happened in the WrestleFest arcade game, as seen below. Possible that's what you're half remembering?

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has done some rummaging in his parents attic and found a signed "the one" Billy Gunn action figure still in packaging from Jakks Sunday Night Heat line I'm guessing late 00 to early 01.

Any chance this is worth anything (at all) if he drops it on eBay or somewhere?

Apparently this Rikishi of the same age is about ÂŁ40 these days.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

A friend of mine has done some rummaging in his parents attic and found a signed "the one" Billy Gunn action figure still in packaging from Jakks Sunday Night Heat line I'm guessing late 00 to early 01.

If the answer to this is "yes" then I might be tempted to sell my still-sealed Hasbro series 1 Hogan.

8 hours ago, simonworden said:

Apparently this Rikishi of the same age is about ÂŁ40 these days.

Not really, if it's signed with no proof then it's not worth anything extra to a collector. Depending on condition you're looking at ÂŁ15 max and it could take a while to sell. There's a few loose on there going with accessories for ÂŁ5 or less so that gives you an idea.

Rikishi has a few Mattel elites so the price of Jakks are in the toilet now. The whole market is low at the moment. Good time to be a buyer right now.

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

If the answer to this is "yes" then I might be tempted to sell my still-sealed Hasbro series 1 Hogan.

Again depending on condition, it could fetch a fair price. I can't say I've seen many sealed Hogan's as he usually was the first that anyone got. Bagged mail aways can get a good price too.

• Paid Members

My nephew stayed at ours last night and  has his WWE Network logged in so I’ve been having a bit of a look through. Is there a reason why the Bret Hart documentary isn’t on there? The one that was on that original DVD set he did when he patched things up with the WWE in 2005ish? That Bret vs Shawn one where they sit down with Jim Ross and pretend they’re friends now seems to be missing as well. Any other obvious ones not on there? 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:58 PM, The Dart said:

That did happen yes.   The music guy wasn’t a wrestling person, played the wrong track and Sandman either not caring or too drunk to realise, went with it.  Not sure if it was Grandstand, but it was something like that.

It’s the BBC Golf theme, which is a banger to be fair. It’s on the YouTube video where Sandman learns off gueereos passing