UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

I just read that Chris Jericho is approaching 200 PPV appearances, which is massive by anyone's stats, but who has the most? 

Include TNA weekly if you like, but I'd be interested to know if anywhere keeps stats like this. 

EDIT: @leewall on Twitter spotted Bully Ray as the potential winner with 214, though that does include some shows that were iPPV/streaming PPV only.

Of ones I thought of to check

Jericho 188

Jeff Jarrett 187 (hugely helped by the weekly TNA era)

Orton 180

Kane 176

Angle 176

HHH 173

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Looks very likely that if you're going traditional PPV (ie not streaming-only shows) it's Styles by a big margin. He did most of the TNA weekly run and has been in a strong slot for companies with PPV for 20 years since.

Edited by JNLister

Admittedly I only really follow AEW and a little of WWE, but surprised to see AR Fox so high up. I just don't 'get' him and had never heard of him before he joined AEW, but find him quite forgettable to be honest.

Thanks for your help and answers 

Yeah what is being classed as a PPV in that data?  I've barely even heard of some of those names so it must be a pretty loose classification.  I've never heard of Caleb Konley and his Wikipedia tells me the only things of note he's done are fairly recent runs in Impact and Corgan's NWA, so I'm struggling to understand how he has the same number of PPV matches as The Undertaker. 

• Paid Members

Had a quick squiz through AR Fox's recent record, as he seemed the obvious case study - he gets by on a lot of Evolve shows on WWNLive & CZW shows on FITE that it considers PPVs, it looks like.

For what it's worth, I noted that it considers the current weekly RoH show a TV show despite being exclusively streaming behind a subscription paywall.

23 minutes ago, Cocky_Pete said:

Is it possible to watch the MLW Underground Wrestling series in the UK that aired on Reelz in the US earlier this year?

Premier streaming network...have it you can sign up for $8 a month and there's a Roku app possible apple tv app aswell

On 7/21/2023 at 9:42 AM, CTXRussomark said:

Yeah what is being classed as a PPV in that data?  I've barely even heard of some of those names so it must be a pretty loose classification.  I've never heard of Caleb Konley and his Wikipedia tells me the only things of note he's done are fairly recent runs in Impact and Corgan's NWA, so I'm struggling to understand how he has the same number of PPV matches as The Undertaker. 

Caleb Konley seems to have worked quite a few different promotions who were on WWN, including CZW, Evolve, DGUSA and FIP. 

9 hours ago, Vamp said:

Caleb Konley seems to have worked quite a few different promotions who were on WWN, including CZW, Evolve, DGUSA and FIP. 

Were they genuine PPV's or just part of a wider subscription service?  Fair play if people really did pay for them, but if it's counting shows that just happened to air on a streaming service I'm calling bollocks (thought hypocritically I would include the WWE Network "PPV's"......).

If shows that happen to be included on a subscription service are counted as PPVs, then WWE had multiple weekly PPVs in this country for decades.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Has there been any mention of wrestlers other than good lad Ryan Nemeth on the writers and actors strikes?

Seth Rollins said this: 

"I know it's a difficult time for the actors and the writers," Seth said at LAX this week. "I believe they're doing the right thing asking for what they deserve. I stand by them.

"But it is a fortunate part of not being part of a union that we're able to still perform and, for our audiences and people who may not be familiar, now they get the opportunity to tune in and see what we're all about."

Make of that what you will. He's a bit of a tit isn't he?