UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Hi all, I'm looking for examples of cool/innovative draws (not from a time limit or count out if possible). Anybody know of any cool ones? Thanks in advance if you can help!

Innovative for the time in that I'd not seen the company use the finish before, was HBK vs Austin at King of the Ring 97. Usually twatting the ref is a DQ but in that match two different refs got whacked with finishers only for them to try to keep the match going, for eventually Earl (IIRC) to come down and say "fuck this" and throw it out as a double-DQ.

Most draws are shit, however. Double pins usually make one wrestler look stupid, simultaneous pin/tap out finishes look convoluted. And also make the tapping wrestler look a pussy for not hanging on for one more second.

It's not remotely what you're after but I don't think anyone has ever got a time limit draw over as well as EVE did at one of their She-1 tournaments.Ā 

It involved long term bookings, proper character work and Jetta (who's genuinely overlooked) but that's kinda the problem with most draws isn't it? They book the draw and not the characters.Ā 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Hi all, I'm looking for examples of cool/innovative draws (not from a time limit or count out if possible). Anybody know of any cool ones? Thanks in advance if you can help!

It's not cool, and it's a draw only in the sense nobody one, but there was an ITV match with Steve Grey that was a no contest because the referee "fainted".

Hi folks was wondering if anyone has had any issues ordering from SPLX in the past? I made my order over a month ago now and despite sending emails and dms to see the progress of my order and the promise of email update in my instagram dms I have yet to receive anything and finding the whole customer experience with them very poor

• Paid Members

It always used to be the following day, but AFAIK the BT Sport app is defunct now?Ā The streaming aspect of TNT Sports is bundled in with Discovery+.

Latest episode of NXT is on there now, don't know when it turned up.

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

How did NJPW miss out on Takeshita ?

Was it Omega/The Elite spotting him and getting their first ? He seems to have future, biggest Japanese wrestler in the world written all over him.Ā 

He attended a DDT show and then signed with them and the obvious Omega links came from there.

Really random one, but if anyone remembers it, itā€™d be someone hereā€¦

around 92ish, one of the newspapers did a wrestling pull-out supplement thing. Ā It wasnā€™t the wall charts where you collected the pictures each day and stuck them on, it was like the centre few pages of the paper which made a separate wrestling supplement.

I only had one, which had an old picture of hogan on the front with his white ā€˜hulksterā€™ headband, so the photo was probably from around 85ish?

does anyone have any memories of this? Was it an ongoing thing? Iā€™ve scoured Google and eBay with no luckā€¦