UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

So I'm watching SAS Who Dares Wins and one of the recruits is a wrestler. Google tells me his wrestling name is Stevie Starr and that he had a development contract with WWE in 2012 where he had 1 TV match in NXT as a jobber for Roman Reigns no less. Over here he has mainly wrestled in Wales. Is he any good at wrestling because he nearly just drowned in a waterfall?

• Paid Members
On 1/28/2023 at 2:46 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Other than Rock v Austin (Wrestlemania 15, 17 and 19) and Undertaker v HHH (Wrestlemania 17, 27 and 28), has there ever been a PPV that has staged the same match on three (or more) separate occasions?

Undertaker wrestled Goldust at three consecutive In Your House events in 1996 if that counts.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of footage I cannot find anywhere. Hoping someone can help. It's from ECW after Benoit broke Sabu's neck,(IIRC) Hey man does a replay of it with those on screen magic markers showing the moment when Sabu's neck broke. It was to explain the injury to fans but I cannot find it, or may have dreamt it. Does anyone know what I'm referencing?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of footage I cannot find anywhere. Hoping someone can help. It's from ECW after Benoit broke Sabu's neck,(IIRC) Hey man does a replay of it with those on screen magic markers showing the moment when Sabu's neck broke. It was to explain the injury to fans but I cannot find it, or may have dreamt it. Does anyone know what I'm referencing?

Yes, it's on one of the ECW TV comps delta released (they did 5). He freeze frames the shot of sabu landing and draws on the shot. 

It's one of the first I bought, so it's most likely the "philly streak" / "who'd a think it" set, but should be on ecw TV on the network around the event. 

Edited by Tommy!

1 hour ago, Cheapheat said:

A month ago I had the comp in my hand, now it's been binned but I can tell you it was the first match on ECW extreme warfare which was a compilation of 95 and 96 matches/segments 

• Paid Members

There's an outside chance its used on November To Remember 96 as part of the hype for Sabu v Taz, though I'm not sure if Heyman will have used footage of a current WCW wrestler if it wasn't showing them getting beat.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It's probably on the Benoit documentary.

Hasn't that's got those awesome promos he'd do in the dark and smoke, wringing his hands talking about crippling sabu if I remember right, from around the same time they were doing the sports style analysis of the spot with the magic marker. 

55 minutes ago, waters44 said: