UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I vaguely remember a video of Sandman using the Grandstand theme at some small show, am I remembering that wrong or did that happen? Google isn't giving me anything unfortunately. 

IIRC Sandman came out to the BBC golf music:

And his opponent to the Horse of the Year Show music:

Clips of it appeared in a behind the scenes DVD that was put out about Sandman's trip over here one of the Alex Shane/TWC Coventry shows (the music 'incident' being from a show the following night) - I used to have the clip bookmarked on YouTube but seems the account is gone.

What are some of the better or particularly interesting Anywhere falls / falls count anywhere matches? It's a gimmick that seems to have died a death in the modern era, I used to really enjoy them. Anybody got a good one to reccomend please?

Edited by Cheapheat

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

What are some of the better or particularly interesting Anywhere falls / falls count anywhere matches. It's a gimmick that seems to have died a death in the modern era, I used to really enjoy them. Anybody got a good one to reccomend please?

D-X vs Legacy in a submissions count anywhere match at Breaking Point was a fun match. Also, Daniel Bryan vs The Miz vs John Morrison also had a submissions count anywhere match for the US title at Hell in a Cell 2010. That was pretty decent from what I remember. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Is there anywhere in the UK to buy a budget wrestling ring, new or used, that isn't Wrestling Rings UK? I'm looking for a small ring for training only, but the only company that comes up on any searches is WRUK, and the last couple of rings I've known about from them have been severely delayed with other issues.

2). Where can I get Austin Hall Eagle style Pro boots, a la Barr Windham and Dusty Rhodes? 

• Paid Members

Have you checked the classifieds section?

There used to be a boot maker in the Northampton area. I'll have a look through my emails to see if I can track down his details.

It may be worth having a chat with a local metal fabricator about the ring. Or maybe look for boxing ring suppliers.

46 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Have you checked the classifieds section?

There used to be a boot maker in the Northampton area. I'll have a look through my emails to see if I can track down his details.

It may be worth having a chat with a local metal fabricator about the ring. Or maybe look for boxing ring suppliers.

I did check in on the Classifieds, but I admit to giving up when the first two pages were just hawking DVDs.

I wouldn't go to a metal fabricators without a brief, and I doubt I could get an experienced ring builder to give me a schematic.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

I wouldn't go to a metal fabricators without a brief, and I doubt I could get an experienced ring builder to give me a schematic

Can you knock one up yourself off another ring? You'd get the measurements and fitting points I'd imagine, and I'm sure someone somewhere wouldn't mind in exchange for some lifting and shifting.

my only advice is avoid the stupid design on some I've seen where the nut joining braces fit's inside the hollow of the frame, 1- dopey cunts like me drop them and they rattle about inside until they fall out 2 - they are a bastard to do when your running late.

• 1 month later...

Tonight’s match between Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns marks the third time they’ve faced eachother at the Royal Rumble. The previous two being in 2017, coincidentally also held at the Alamodome, the site of tonight’s match, and 2021 in the COVID Thunderdome. 
Basically if the Royal Rumble is being held in a Dome, chances are Roman and Owens are squaring off.

Other than Rock v Austin (Wrestlemania 15, 17 and 19) and Undertaker v HHH (Wrestlemania 17, 27 and 28), has there ever been a PPV that has staged the same match on three (or more) separate occasions?