UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

How has Ronda Rousey gone so cold ?

Even hardcore WWE fans seem to not care much anymore. She has always been a conspiracy theory/Trump fan nutcase, ever since her UFC days but was still hugely over in WWE. Plus that probably describes most of their roster and HHH as well . So whats gone so wrong? I've not watched their TV in years.

Just now, Cousin Jim Bob said:

How has Ronda Rousey gone so cold ?

Even hardcore WWE fans seem to not care much anymore. She has always been a conspiracy theory/Trump fan nutcase, ever since her UFC days but was still hugely over in WWE. Plus that probably describes most of their roster and HHH as well . So whats gone so wrong? I've not watched their TV in years.

She's grumpy. She takes herself too seriously. She's a terrible promo. She's been exposed.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:06 PM, gmoney said:

Chamber of Horrors!

It's weird that the WWE never saw the value in bringing back Halloween Havoc and gimmicking the whole thing. The NXT one with Shotzi hosting was pretty fun.

I think it'd work better if you made it a non cannon yearly event really. Let their wrestlers play different characters, do some cinematic matches, create its own little world, etc. It's a shame WWE has never fully committed to doing something like a full on multiverse or even just created its own fictional universe. It's whether you could get a live audience to actually embrace it though. And how you'd promote it. 

• Paid Members

What was the deal with Vengeance 2001 and Triple H? I remember at the time seeing the graphics they were using for the PPV logo with the sledgehammers and stuff and it seeming really obvious he was gonna return at the show after the long layoff from the quad tear. Then the night came and went and…nothing. Obviously he came back shortly after anyway in the build to the Rumble the following month but it always seemed odd to me how he was such a focal point in the graphics and presentation of a show he wound up having nothing to do with whatsoever. 

85-B9-DF50-2-E76-448-F-86-CA-25499312565

At some stage the plan must’ve been for him to at least make an appearance at this show, right? Or was it just a shameless bit of false advertising to drum up interest following the conclusion of the flop of an Invasion storyline at Survivor Series a month prior?

Promo material for events go out to various companies well in advance, sometimes a number of months, so presumably they were expecting him to be back in time for the event.

His recovery obviously took a little longer than expected, by which time the advertising had already been made public so rather than change it they just stuck with it.

Or he was just wanting to take the shine off of Jericho’s big night of winning the big belt(s).

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

What was the deal with Vengeance 2001 and Triple H?

15 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Promo material for events go out to various companies well in advance, sometimes a number of months, so presumably they were expecting him to be back in time for the event.

Let’s not forget the promotion of “In Your House : It’s Time” - subtitle being the catchphrase of Vader, once pencilled in to be defending the WWF title on the show. Vader didn’t win the belt or wrestle on the show, but it was still called It’s Time.

Wrong thread I know but the forum questions thread seems to be locked. Is anyone having issues viewing the site on mobile via Chrome recently? it's pretty much unusable for me. When I'm on a page and scrolling as soon as it gets to a quote box it all goes to shit and it starts going all weird and lines of the message start getting all mixed up if that makes sense.

Been happening maybe a week or so now I think, it's perfectly fine on PC via Chrome though which is weird, not having any issues with other forums either

• Paid Members

Just going through the hundreds of random pictures/gifs/videos on my phone trying to free up space, found this and it’s cracked me up all over again. The best forklift driver there is, the best forklift driver there was and the best forklift driver there ever will be.

Anyone know where this is from? 😂 

CA56135B-76C2-432E-8D35-42F7D8929B50.gif

21 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Just going through the hundreds of random pictures/gifs/videos on my phone trying to free up space, found this and it’s cracked me up all over again. The best forklift driver there is, the best forklift driver there was and the best forklift driver there ever will be.

Anyone know where this is from? 😂 

CA56135B-76C2-432E-8D35-42F7D8929B50.gif

Wasn’t it to do with a video game where he went to the factory to advise. He is in the boardroom in his get up but with a tie, brilliant!  

Also, as a certified fork lift truck driver, he is doing that absolutely properly. Reversing as it’s a clearer line of sight, looking over the shoulder, and having some back tilt applied ensures the safety of everyone around him.