UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Going back to “coffin or casket” for years I thought this was a Vince thing.

“Coffin? Coffin makes people think about death. We’re not killing anyone on our show, pal! This is a CASKET match, God damn it!”

With the knowledge that they’d already done casket matches as we know them with Warrior/Sid vs Undertaker in 91, I’m surprised the Taker vs Kamala coffin match went on like it did given the clumsy rules. There’s no false finish, is there? The pins got to happen from a fairly obvious “and he’s unconscious” deal otherwise you’ll never get them to stay in the box long enough to seal it, and if you run out of nails or the lid gets damaged, you’re fucked.

I think Undertaker tonking poor Kamala (terrified from the start and traumatised afterwards) with the urn to win his probably the reason he didn’t become one of my “guys” in childhood and thus really, ever - why am I cheering for him? On top of being invulnerable and thus garnering no sympathy, he CHEATED to win, just like Hacksaw Duggan hitting little Dino with his plank at Mania VI. Fucking bastard, Duggan. Watching three Survivors tapes back to back the same weekend probably didn’t help since I’d just seen Undertaker (as far as I knew) end Hulkamania. With more cheating.

Still, it wasn’t THAT long after watching Survivors 92 that I saw Undertaker robbed of the belt when that fat twat Yokozuna enlisted the help of everyone from Bam Bam to Double J to Skeletor to Ming the Merciless to Steve Owen to put him in the box, which was the worst bit of bullshit I’d seen as a fan to date. Even if there was a bit of “Now you know how Kamala felt, you bastard. Maybe you should think about why Yoko has so many friends and you only have Paul.”

Might have come around on him, but after Undertaker vs Undertaker and then the IRS and Bundy matches (plus many bores on Coliseum exclusive) I’d decided he was a bit shit to watch compared to Bret, Diesel, Razor, Kid, and Shawns actually pretty good isn’t he, shame he isn’t a goodie. Oh wait, he is now, yay.

Edited by air_raid

• 3 months later...

Strange question. But can't find out and wondering if anyone knew the answer... 

What is said at the very top of John Cena's music? Just before the main tune begins, the only way I can describe it is that it sounds like 

'hurrrrrr rackabum'.... What on earth is it that's said? 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, adjarrell said:

Strange question. But can't find out and wondering if anyone knew the answer... 

What is said at the very top of John Cena's music? Just before the main tune begins, the only way I can describe it is that it sounds like 

'hurrrrrr rackabum'.... What on earth is it that's said? 

I can't tell you why, but apparently it's "Amadou" and is sampled from M.O.P's song Ante Up. My best guess after some googling is it's a tribute to Ligue 1 footballer Ibrahim Amadou

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I can't tell you why, but apparently it's "Amadou" and is sampled from M.O.P's song Ante Up. My best guess after some googling is it's a tribute to Ligue 1 footballer Ibrahim Amadou

With MOP being New Yorkers I'm presuming its a shout out to Amadou Diallo. He was killed by NY police when was he unarmed and the wrong guy. That was in 1999 and Ante Up came out in 2000. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Amadou_Diallo

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Norwich City legend!

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Maybe its actually Antti Up (after Niemi) and the whole song is about football players. 

You can’t see me, (Abdoulaye) Méïté is now!