UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Haven't really watched pro wrestling since 2010. Became an MMA fan and got sucked back in to it via ATT showing up in AEW.

If I used to be into work rate, strong style and technical stuff but didn't really care for death match \ hardcore and high flying stuff ... what promotion should I try out?

38 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Haven't really watched pro wrestling since 2010. Became an MMA fan and got sucked back in to it via ATT showing up in AEW.

If I used to be into work rate, strong style and technical stuff but didn't really care for death match \ hardcore and high flying stuff ... what promotion should I try out?

Personally I'd say that most wrestling promotions have become more well rounded since 2010, which may make narrowing it down to just the one promotion to start with more difficult than it has been. 

I'd probably suggest AEW as a starting point. Whilst there is a lot of high flying, the work rate will probably appeal. Plus the storylines generally make sense.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

What were some WWF matches with blood from say Hogan's 1st reign to WM13 Bret & Stone Cold.

Flair v. Savage WM8 and...?

Piper vs Bret also from WM8?

Hogan bled at Mania V against Savage and Mania VII against Bob Laughter. 

I keep seeing people say they didn't like Orange Cassidy at first because they didn't get his character/gimmick. I see similar said about Danhausen.

I like Orange a lot and always have, but I don't know that he has a character or gimmick to get. He pretty much seems to me like 'guy who wrestles in denim'. What's his character that I'm missing?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

What were some WWF matches with blood from say Hogan's 1st reign to WM13 Bret & Stone Cold.

Flair v. Savage WM8 and...?

Bret v Bulldog from IYH 5 in December 1995. Bret bleeds loads in that match and its also a superb match, maybe even better than their SummerSlam encounter. 

Ultimate Warrior bled black blood from a Papa Shango curse. Does that count?

Doesn’t Duggan bleed from the mouth when Yokozuna Banzai drops him after Duggan became the first person to knock him down. And he also does the blood from the mouth when Andre chokes him with his singlet. Maybe Hacksaw just has receding gums.