UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Survivor Series 92 disagrees.

😅 Yeah, is that the last time they referred to it as a Coffin Match?

To avoid double posting, @The Dart I wasn't aware of that. I just assumed it was a Vinceism, a word he preferred. Every day is a school day and all that. 

Edited by WeeAl

I think SS 92 was the only televised one called a Coffin match. By RR 94 it was a Casket match. 

Weird that they used a coffin in some casket matches but still called it a Casket match. 

What was the first Casket match to actually use a casket? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Survivor Series 92 disagrees.

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Regardless of what you call the box, here the different names also denote different rules. The coffin match had to have a pinfall registered first, then you had to seal them in the coffin to win. Coffin having a separate lid which you’ll recall Taker having to nail shut with Kamala inside. Casket matches thereafter required no pinfall, just putting your opponent in the box and shutting the lid, attached to the body with hinges.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Given some of Vince's recent connections, any Putin sympathiser would surely be pushed as a babyface.

Can’t denigrate the Donald’s tag team partner!

4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Why haven't we had a big Russian heel smashing everybody yet? You know Vince is prone to that kind of stuff.

I was thinking this the other day, 'cos Vince is always about 3 or 4 years behind modern culture - expect one in about 2026.

I couldn't see that getting over on TV in the US for the audience they now cater for. But what's more surprising is why they don't have a Ukrainian babyface.   

• Paid Members

Impact recently debuted a (legit) Russian wrestler, Masha Slamovich, who was playing a monster heel and using Russian in promos etc.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with her character now. (I have a fair idea what would have happened in Vince Russo's day...)

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Anyone that has watched more of the 1991 WWF TV than I have - in the build to Survivor Series did they ever directly address why Jake Roberts was fine teaming up with Earthquake even though he killed his fucking pet earlier in the year, or did they just brush it all under the carpet because all heels are mates by nature? I dunno, the bastard sent Typhoon to hospital when he was Tugboat, maybe he had magic powers to inspire forgiveness?

I think about this kind of stuff from back in the day. Hulkster becoming pals with Big Boss Man after all the beatings they gave each other… maybe. I think if Boss Man and Dusty had both made the Grand Finale at Survivors 90 I might have had a hard time believing they’d get on OK.

• Paid Members
On 3/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, WeeAl said:

To avoid double posting, @The Dart I wasn't aware of that. I just assumed it was a Vinceism, a word he preferred. Every day is a school day and all that. 

A coffin is wider at the shoulders and tapers to the feet where a casket is rectangular shape I believe. Caskets tend to have nicer lining IIRC and the materials they are made from tend to be different, although these days you get buried in a wicker basket so who knows. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, air_raid said:

I think if Boss Man and Dusty had both made the Grand Finale at Survivors 90 I might have had a hard time believing they’d get on OK.

I don’t know if this was intentional or not but, if it was, just know it didn’t go unnoticed. 

• Paid Members
Just now, wandshogun09 said:

I don’t know if this was intentional or not but, if it was, just know it didn’t go unnoticed. 

It wasn’t, although this morning I did use the same play on words as a hint to an answer in a new round I started writing for the Pub Quiz thread but then abandoned. About Survivor Series, spookily enough.