UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Anybody know what happened with Davey Boy Smith's angle with the Repo Man in 1992? It's the first episode of "Superstars" on the Network. Repo Man is hanging Smithers over the top.rope and he's literally turning purple. By the timeframe they may have just pivoted to Bulldog vs Hart. Looked brutal.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Anybody know what happened with Davey Boy Smith's angle with the Repo Man in 1992? It's the first episode of "Superstars" on the Network. Repo Man is hanging Smithers over the top.rope and he's literally turning purple. By the timeframe they may have just pivoted to Bulldog vs Hart. Looked brutal.

Build heat for the house show feud. Before SummerSlam Smithers was with Repo Man all summer, Bret was with Shawn. So what happened was people saw that angle on TV and bought a ticket to see Bulldog beat him.

I mean…. in reality they bought a ticket to see Warrior or Macho Man, but you get the point.

• Paid Members

@bAzTNM#1

If you’re still interested in Bulldog vs Repo Man they did eventually get a TV blow off on the 14th November Superstars about two months after they’d stopped working house shows against each other, taped a month earlier, the night Bret won the big one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Does anyone know why wrestling fandom collectively retcons No Way Out from 98 to “No Way Out Of Texas”? It was not called that, why do people think it was?

When was the last time a Wrestlemania was held, that didn’t have what could be classed as a nostalgia act on the card, or on a key spot?

From memory, and without looking it up, I’m thinking possibly Wrestlemania 15? At a push 2000, if we’re not including Foley in the main event.

• Paid Members

I think you can include 2000. Hard to count Foley as a nostalgia act at the time when he’d main evented on PPV against Triple H just a month earlier.

I don’t think WrestleMania 21 featured a nostalgia act in 2005 either. Don’t think Shawn Michaels counts as he was nearly 3 years into a full time comeback at that point. There’s the Piper’s Pit with Austin but if we’re just talking matches, I think this qualifies. 

9E1C8C91-541B-4E11-89C6-568D392D1FAC.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09