The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Why is Naomi on Raw? Could she not be adding a little extra dimension to Roman and the Usos? Is Jimmy injured? She'd be good trying to act as a conscience for them, Reigns wants to do something about her but he can't slap a woman so either brings in somebody to deal with her (that isn't Tamina, but she'd fit in with the family business) or pretends to placate her and does the really heelish stuff behind her back. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Jimmy injured?

He got injured at last years Wrestlemania in that ladder match. I thought he was coming back soon though. He’s married to Naomi so maybe they could bring her over when he comes back and do something like you said. Be better for her than being randomly paired with Lana in a number one contenders tag match. 

• Awards Moderator
25 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

One for @HarmonicGenerator to be sure.

Combined age of 244 in this year's Chamber match, McIntyre being the only one in there under 40.

I'd wager there are three Chamber matches with higher combined ages, but that is only because there have been three Tag Team Chamber matches with twice the usual number of participants. For a six person match, I don't think you'd find an older one than this year.

Had a quick look at the Elimination Chamber matches on Wikipedia, the only one that looks like it comes near is No Way Out 2008.

Undertaker - 42, Batista - 39, Finlay - 50, MVP - 34, Great Khali - 35 and Big Daddy V - 38. That's by my reckoning 238, so still 6 years short on this years one. 2008 also had a bit of an outlier with Finlay.

• Paid Members

Is it only me who looks at that Elimination Chamber lineup and thinks it’s very likely they’ll do a last minute switch and put the title on Orton? I don’t for a second believe Edge vs. Orton for the Title is in their Wrestlemania plans right now, but seeing Randy listed in that match gives me serious Goldberg vs. Bray Wyatt vibes. They’re going to get to the day of the show, things are gonna be ice cold, they’re going to panic and go with the oldies like they always do.

Plus, why stray from tradition now? Might as well keep it going. Edge returns after eleven years, with tonnes of new guys to wrestle in loads of interesting and exciting match-ups, but only ever wrestles Randy Orton until the end of time.

Edited by Supremo

Might be a worthless theory, but I was watching the Undertaker documentary earlier today and one of the talking heads was Edge, who (it seems) may have been interviewed pre-pandemic. He was talking about last year's WrestleMania and said 'if there's one person you'd want to have your last match against, it's AJ Styles'.

Could mean nothing, but if Edge has a list of people he wants to work against, AJ is definitely on it.

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Is it only me who looks at that Elimination Chamber lineup and thinks it’s very likely they’ll do a last minute switch and put the title on Orton? I don’t for a second believe Edge vs. Orton for the Title is in their Wrestlemania plans right now, but seeing Randy listed in that match gives me serious Goldberg vs. Bray Wyatt vibes. They’re going to get to the day of the show, things are gonna be ice cold, they’re going to panic and go with the oldies like they always do.

Plus, why stray from tradition now? Might as well keep it going. Edge returns after eleven years, with tonnes of new guys to wrestle in loads of interesting and exciting match-ups, but only ever wrestles Randy Orton until the end of time.

It would be very WWE in 2021 for them to book Edge vs Orton but what motivation would Edge have to pick Orton. 

The sadist in me would like Edge to pick WALTER. Give me half an hour of the Austrian Dominic Mysterio hitting Edge very hard over and over again 

• Paid Members
On 2/10/2021 at 8:30 PM, DJM said:

On the right opponent, who will not break their neck taking it wrong, yes.

Yoshihiko is about the only wrestler that wouldn’t break their neck taking it wrong.

I hate Gauntlet matches. They exist solely to paper over an hour in the schedule that they have nothing else for. They’re particularly egregious when they feature 6 men who we have to watch again this Sunday in a main event.

Raw is still the worst wrestling show on TV by some distance.

Coming out of that show I sort of think there’s a chance they take the belt off Drew.

I can see a world where Braun’s act of revenge for not being on the show is crashing the Chamber and taking out Drew. 

McIntyre takes a few weeks off TV, returning to save Adam Pearce from Braun and so we awkwardly back into Braun/Shane vs AP/Drew. Or Braun/Sheamus vs Drew/Shane.

Though, to be honest, I’m probably just hoping against hope because I’d like to see the title put on AJ Styles as he’s the only decent act in the main event picture of Raw.

AJ vs Edge would do.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz