The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Thought @Suplex Sinner had a tidy response there, to be honest. Reigns is a very, very good act but much like him saying "It's my yard now", I don't think the current material is some sacrosanct stroke of stiff dick that's anywhere close to meritting faux outrage that someone mightn't be enjoying it as much. 

Is it pretty much guaranteed then with the world still being shut down and very unlikely for them to have fans in attendance for Wrestlemania this year the won't be going with the original speculated plans of doing Roman VS The Rock this year then?? 

If so what does everyone think they will go with instead as the main event for mania this year?

5 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Is it pretty much guaranteed then with the world still being shut down and very unlikely for them to have fans in attendance for Wrestlemania this year the won't be going with the original speculated plans of doing Roman VS The Rock this year then?? 

If so what does everyone think they will go with instead as the main event for mania this year?

There will be fans. Just a limited amount.

But Roman interviews seem to be focusing on him vs The Rock at WrestleMania Hollywood in 2023. Long way away though..

30 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Thought @Suplex Sinner had a tidy response there, to be honest. Reigns is a very, very good act but much like him saying "It's my yard now", I don't think the current material is some sacrosanct stroke of stiff dick that's anywhere close to meritting faux outrage that someone mightn't be enjoying it as much. 

I’ve only recently got back into this wrestling lark but when compared to Riddle, I think Reigns might actually win an Oscar this year.

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'd do Reigns/Cena and Drew/Brock I think.

Or if Brock isn't coming back you could do Drew/Cena and Reigns/Bryan.

If neither are coming back then maybe Reigns/Bryan and Drew/Wyatt. That sounds very "B level" PPV though.

It's another nothing Mania anyway though so I wouldn't be crowning any new world champs at the moment.

Edited by The King of Old School

Is the WWE house style just complete and utter exhaustion?

I understand Edge was selling the after effects of the Rumble, but it seems like in every major singles match everyone is doing the ‘IVE BEEN THROUGH A WAR’, knackered-crawl after 5-10 minutes.

Raw was fine. There’s still nothing really going on for Mania besides presumably The Fiend/Orton.

The Fiend/Alexa Bliss stuff is so bad though, and now it’s ruining the men’s and women’s division. I feel sorry for anyone who has to sell for Alexia’s magical quick change act.

Something about Damian Priest I find really inauthentic.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It’s really weird how Vince will drop an angle or a performer within a couple of weeks because he thinks it isn’t working but there’s stuff like this Fiend/Alexa shit that just keeps going and going and going when it’s clear that it’s utter shite and a ratings failure.

I can only assume that he genuinely thinks it’s great.

27 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

It’s really weird how Vince will drop an angle or a performer within a couple of weeks because he thinks it isn’t working but there’s stuff like this Fiend/Alexa shit that just keeps going and going and going when it’s clear that it’s utter shite and a ratings failure.

I can only assume that he genuinely thinks it’s great.

Out of interest, is the Fiend/Alexa stuff a ratings failure in context to the rest of the show? I'm curious as to whether the audience engagement with the storyline is any worse than anything else they're currently serving up. I haven't really seen any breakdowns etc.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I can’t help but feel as though AJ Lee would be doing this Fiend stuff if she was still around. Imagine the weird shit Alexa must get sent on social media every day.

I honestly don't know how they handle it. Fucking terrifying.

• Paid Members

I saw that on YouTube. I thought Sheamus was great in that segment. His look is brilliant and douchey, promo was fantastic and the turn has been coming from what I've been reading.

McIntyre was abysmal. It's not the delivery, as usual, it's the material. It was exactly what they were writing for John Cena for years. It's not McIntyre's job to sell the Rumble PPV. That's what you're employing announcers, narrators, editors and commentators for. Just let him put himself over.

I can't get over how old Edge looks. He's still in great shape, his performance at the Rumble was outstanding, but he looks about 65 and they don't play into it.

• Paid Members

Everything is so scripted and produced in WWE, we'd never get anything like Pac's Billy Big Bollocks promo on an episode of Raw. You want to sell a PPV? Give Scott Stanford or Todd Pettengill a segment every week to hype the PPV, let the wrestlers be themselves, or whatever character they're trying to be.