The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

26 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I'm sure she gave an interview in the run up to the title win where she said she was bullied because of her weight/look and she had thought about quitting so many times etc.but was fighting to prove people wrong. She won the belt shortly thereafter and the crowd were sympathising/supporting her by chanting "you deserve it" which still baffles me because you don't deserve it unless your ability and skillset has earned you it. WWE thought it would be good publicity because "anyone can achieve their dreams."

Really odd that whole spell was. She was a heel, then turned face with that promo after Alexa Bliss (I think) wasn’t being very nice to her. Had a ‘Wrestlemania moment’ then promptly turned straight back heel again. All in the space of about 2 months. 

Saw some comments earlier about how they should’ve had Edge be a surprise in the Rumble for his return. I can kind of see where they’re coming from as a return from injury is ever so slightly different from last years return from retirement, but ultimately, there’s no-one in the building to pop, and that’s what made it special last time.

He’s not a bad shout to win, but I can’t help but feel they’ll transition Orton away from Bray and back into the Edge feud because that was the plan originally, and the plan must always prevail.

Watched the Asuka/Bliss stuff on YouTube. Fucking hell, Asuka having to act freaked out by Poundland Harley Quinn is one of the biggest showers of shite they’ve done in recent years, not that the bar is particularly high.

• Paid Members

Edge must be delighted Randy is so far down the wrestlcrap rabbit hole with Bray and Alexa that they can’t pair them back up and he can actually wrestle someone else for a bit.

What a difference six months makes though. When Edge left Randy was one of the best things in the business. The fucking state of him now.

E18299B9-0640-4657-8D64-A4CDDAFE2E50.thumb.jpeg.8eba209b6aaf5a531090249ac85e0f39.jpeg

I think they’ll do Edge/AJ Styles. I’m not sure how they’ll get there, but I think that’ll be where they go.

Raw is the worst show on television, by the way. An indecipherable, miserable mess - but it doesn’t matter that nothing makes sense because nothing matters, either.

I have no idea what wobbly foundation Goldberg/McIntyre is based on, and I don’t care. Every time they script Drew’s promo it feels like they’re doing it on the fly to try and back into a reason why the whole thing is happening.

Miz and Morrison are a terrible tribute act to their okay WWEECW act from a million years ago.

Riddle is terrible.

The Hurt Business seem alright but hard to care as they’re clearly already teasing them falling apart.

The Fiend and Alexa Bliss ruin everything and everyone around them. It’s the worst, shittest, sub-WCW thing I’ve ever seen. Desperate for someone to ask Asuka what she saw when Alexa Bliss changed costume with a bit of background music. A flash and a bang? A flash of tit?

Seriously, the worst show on television. Pair AJ and Edge, and fill the other 2 hours and 45 minutes every Monday till Mania with repeats of whatever Roman is doing on Fridays.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Saw some comments earlier about how they should’ve had Edge be a surprise in the Rumble for his return. I can kind of see where they’re coming from as a return from injury is ever so slightly different from last years return from retirement, but ultimately, there’s no-one in the building to pop, and that’s what made it special last time.

I think they've done themselves a favour to be honest. That moment was so perfect last year that there's no point in replicating it really, plus at least announcing him prior to the Rumble might pop a buy from a few fans that weren't too bothered otherwise. Although WWE are great at taking something special and running it into the ground so I'm quite surprised they didn't have him come out and cry at the ThunderDome.

3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Edge isn't a bad shout for the Rumble this year. Him vs. McIntyre or him vs. Reigns at Mania would be fine by me, neither's been done before as far as I can remember.

Could see Reigns/Edge headlining one of the nights definitely.

Drew/Edge to me screams of something that belongs on Superstars/Main Event back in 2010/11 though.

What the hell is this even 😂. 'The Fiendette' is some of the cringiest shit I've ever seen, and you can tell they think it's some kind of experimental genius. It's amazing. They've learned nothing from booking Bray Wyatt like an unstoppable monster and putting him in the title picture. You'd think they'd ditch all this as soon as live fans return, forcing them out of the silly pre-taped bollocks. Admittedly, I've a morbid interest in this version of Alexa Bliss in a match vs Charlotte Flair. Who the fuck is gonna do the selling in that one?

I can see why they had the Edge announcement. He's already had the huge return, can't live up to that in the Thunderdome. It adds a bit more intrigue, and keeps the door open for potentially bigger surprises.

Looking at Raw's roster page. . . Jesus Christ. Wyatt and Alexa. Miz and Morrision. Charlotte, Nia, Riddle, Retribution. Elias and Jackson Ryker. Has there ever been so many useless, channel-changing characters on one show?

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

The mind boggles how anyone can sit through this shite live, especially in the UK till 4am. And yet you still see loads of daft hardcore fans happily tweeting during all 3 miserable hours of it. Can't remember the last time I watched a full episode of Raw or Smackdown

46 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Fucking hell fire what was that? I felt awful for everyone in that, the performers must know it's complete gash surely. State of it, Alexa Bliss looks absolutely terrible. Shocked Vince with his references didn't get doll her up as Julie Newmar.

That was really really bad, the weird music made me laugh though, longer the note the more dread.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He’s not a bad shout to win, but I can’t help but feel they’ll transition Orton away from Bray and back into the Edge feud because that was the plan originally, and the plan must always prevail.

Watched the Asuka/Bliss stuff on YouTube. Fucking hell, Asuka having to act freaked out by Poundland Harley Quinn is one of the biggest showers of shite they’ve done in recent years, not that the bar is particularly high.

I saw the comments saying that he should have been a surprise Royal Rumble entrant but it makes sense not to in my opinion. 

Last year was a genuine surprise and he rightfully got a massive pop from the crowd. Nobody expected or even speculated (as far as I can remember) that Edge would return. 

This year there's no crowd to pop (obviously) and almost immediately after his injury was announced, the time frame for his return was announced and it placed him returning around December/January, which we all know means "surprise entrant" in the online community. 

I DO however think that by announcing Edge's RR entry now and diverting our attention, the WWE are planning to have another main event superstar return. 

And for some inexplicable reason, no logic, no reason, no rumours (I've not even checked his schedule to see if it's even possible/likely) I have a feeling it'll be John Cena. I know Lesnar is the more likely as he's due to get one back on McIntyre but I can't see any mileage in him as champion again. 

I think Cena comes back to break Flair's all time total and then ride off into the sunset at SummerSlam when he drops it back.