The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

20 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

He was a talking head on the recent Goldberg doc wasn't he? Or did I dream that.

I just watched that. The talking heads were the fella that hosts the bump, DDP seeming like a nice old grandma and Kevin Nash acting like the bitterrest old Twat in all the land.

• Paid Members

I had a quick go of Thunderdome tonight. It’s pretty much exactly the same as watching the show normally, only with the added bonus of being so distracted trying to find yourself in the crowd that things that would normally bore you to tears like Charlotte matches absolutely fly by.

I was going to try and get a Chippy Tea sign onscreen for this forum but I went for a piss during a match and they booted me permanently. Ruthless. Feel like Spud when they sacked him last Summer.

They also have a director who counts down advert breaks and tries to get the fans to react. Man alive. If you think the WWE commentators sound like they’ve had their souls sucked out by Dementors you wanna hear this poor bastard trying to elicit enthusiasm.

”Here’s Charlotte folks...it’s the Queen making her entrance...lots of energy now guys...” “Oh my God, she’s wearing her robe folks...let’s see your energy...more energy please guys...please, more energy...”

He sounded like he was being held at gunpoint. I’m really worried about him.

It touched on something I’ve thought for a while though. What percentage of the talent do you think actually enjoys the product or thinks they’re producing good content? I’m fascinated by guys who’s dream it is to get to WWE, only to then get there and know things are at an all time low. Do you think they discuss it amongst themselves, or is everyone working everyone else backstage, talking about how they smashed it out of the park every Monday night? I can totally buy the idea of someone like The Miz talking about how everything is incredible and Raw and Smackdown are his favourite TV shows. In my head he’s always in that WWE-Network-documentary mode.

E0A27E25-A7C6-45AD-A627-52AFE0005151.thumb.jpeg.6c94c085d66f2090a7a4fee97688dca4.jpeg

“When they announced that fourteenth Street Profits vs. Andrade and Angel Garza match? I knew we were witnessing history.”

Edited by Supremo

Imagine being David Krumholtz. You’ve gone from movies, to a lead in your own TV show, to playing Drew McIntyre in one of the worst WWE segments of all time, your belly and arse out, and no one even mentions that you might actually have qualified as successful and famous once.

Horrendous.

The show was a dumpster fire, to be honest. Terribly written, terribly acted with the only redeeming feature being AJ Styles and Omos still having the best act on the show and the match with Ricochet being great with an inventive finish.

The opening Randy Orton promo was terrible. Who speaks like that?

Everything with Alexa Bliss is irredeemably shit. She’s not a bad performer, but The Fiend casts a wide and shitty shadow.

Riddle is fucking awful. Just death. The camera managed to show Lashley not standing on his foot. About sums the show up.

I’ve enjoyed getting back into wrestling post Christmas. I like the Roman Reigns show on Friday’s, I like AEW and I actually quite enjoy skimming Impact.

Raw?

Fucking hell.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It took me forever to decide whether it was David Krumholtz or not. I couldn’t believe they’d get a real actor in and not bang on about it and squeeze whatever little name value he had. Absolutely tragic to come in to WWE and they don’t even bother mentioning you by name.

Yeah, the show was mostly shit. Save your self time and just watch a GIF of the Ricochet vs. AJ finish. That was the only thing worth going out of your way to see.

Just now, Supremo said:

Save your self time and just watch a GIF of the Ricochet vs. AJ finish. That was the only thing worth going out of your way to see.

Just spent about 10 mins on Twitter. Saw that. Saw Gillberg. Decided I'd probably caught up enough, although the David Krumholtz thing has me curious enough to go on YouTube.

The David Krumholtz thing has utterly baffled me. He’s not Brad Pitt, sure, but that’s an actual actor they’ve had in and they’ve made out like it’s a literal nobody. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a bigger Hollywood fall from grace than that. Passing away high on coke, mid-stranglewank is a classier swansong to an actors career than this.

Bet they wouldn’t treat ‘Gordy Gekko’ like that, would they Riddle? Hey? You Twat.

Once upon a time on this here forum, I christened Cesaro’s ring music as having a ‘Twat siren’, so annoyed was I by his terrible, terrible act. ‘Twat flops’ doesn’t have the same ring, but I’m going to run with it. Imagine being so shit you make Lashley seem like an A-side. Ugh.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'm really hoping that David Krumholtz asked not to be referred to as anything other than the character he was playing, and that this is something he wanted to do. He's someone I've always been pleased to see turn up in things, and he clearly doesn't take himself too seriously. Based on what I'm seeing on social media, I'm just finding it quite sad - dude deserves more than that. So I'm hoping it's something he was very up for and enjoyed rather than had to do through lack of offers.

• Paid Members

They’re not even trying to hide the Riddle thing anymore. It’s absolutely blatant. There’s no way this handling of him isn’t being done on purpose because everyone (rightly) thinks he’s a prick.

”Yeah Matt, Lashley will stamp the floor pretending to stamp on your bare foot, so sell it like he’s crushed your toes. Don’t worry, we’ll frame it so the viewers can’t see your feet. We don’t want you looking like a twat.”

*Stamp*

image.thumb.png.5ddec86db39a7876eab8ba1a4d9807da.png

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TomJones233 said:

The time Big Bad Bill called him out at Summerslam and Matt acted like a passive aggressive wimpy turd was great. 

"I'm not your bro, bro" Riddle's such an arse wipe.

To be fair both Riddle and Goldberg looked like a pair of fucking idiots when this happened. 

• Paid Members

This must be the worst show on the major network and cable channels. It's times like these where they must thank their lucky stars that everyone outside the bubble thinks wresting is absolute horseshit anyway and doesn't notice any difference in quality. Anything else would come under scrutiny for the quality of the shows or the numbes but they're almost exempt because they're such outsiders.

I checked out that Miz/Morrison/Gillberg/"McIntyre" seg on YouTube. I couldn't make it through it. Not only is it horribly written and acted but it makes everyone look like dweebs. And the commentary? Fuck me, that was bad. Remember Tony Schivone and Bobby Heenan in 2000? A million times better than this. They were confused, disinterested, drunk (in Bobby's case) and going through the motions and they were never this phony.

I can't imagine anyone sitting down to watch this.

• Paid Members

I feel sorry for Ricochet to be honest. He can definitely "go" and last night's match was further evidence of that fact. I have absolutely no idea why he's continually booked like a numpty.

AJ Styles is one of those guys who just makes things work. He's right up there with the very best in my opinion, even going back to his TNA days. If anything happens to Drew then AJ is 100% the man to carry things through 'Mania. 

The styles clash off the rope spot is a wee bit overrated though...