The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

7 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Is it really a surprise people don’t want to see Goldberg anymore? His return in 2016 was great because he had a genuine purpose for coming back, and he had a good storyline in place with Lesnar. Since then, he’s had a pointless match with Ziggler of all people, an absolute horror show against Undertaker, and then an utterly pointless return to put over Roman, which didn’t end up happening.

Now he’s coming to defend the honour of legends against a man who has been nothing but respectful towards them. His return promo was absolutely baffling, and I’m still not sure what beef he has with McIntyre. It’s rubbish.

Funny that you mention Taker there because that's exactly what the problem is. When you watch his documentary and it's just a constant cycle of not being able to let go, even if sometimes it's close enough to the perfect ending as you'll probably get. That's what they had with Goldberg. He came back. He erased the demons of his past WWE run. They did it to perfection and that should've been it. But here we are..

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Now he’s coming to defend the honour of legends against a man who has been nothing but respectful towards them. His return promo was absolutely baffling, and I’m still not sure what beef he has with McIntyre. It’s rubbish.

The only explanation I've seen for that supposedly came from Meltzer, so you know, second hand info and all that, but apparently the Drew/Lee match went long, Drew's promo got cut and Goldberg came out and did his bit anyway with a crucial part missing.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Oh agreed Rick, it’s nothing new but they seem to have leaned on nostalgia very heavily in the last decade pretty much since The Rock came back at WM27.

Speaking of CM Punk, some seem to have in their heads that because they’ve not gone with Edge as the surprise return, then Punks coming back and winning this Sunday. They’ll be disappointed come Monday morning

I hope they are disappointed as CM Punk has no business winning the rumble or going over Drew/Reigns at Wrestlemania. 

They do need to do something though to get attention for Wrestlemania so it's not outside the realms of possibility that Punk does return and gets eliminated by AJ Styles and they do a 'best in the world' face off at 'Mania.

While I appreciate the irony in that I’m the one who brought it up, Punks not coming back so let’s nip that in the bud right now.

I do agree that they need something to grab attention for Wrestlemania though, especially if they’re holding it with fans, unless they’re just hoping that they’ll shift the tickets* no bother with it being the first attended show for over a year by that point.

* some reports are suggesting they’re setting up for 30,000 to be in attendance 

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

While I appreciate the irony in that I’m the one who brought it up, Punks not coming back so let’s nip that in the bud right now.

I do agree that they need something to grab attention for Wrestlemania though, especially if they’re holding it with fans, unless they’re just hoping that they’ll shift the tickets* no bother with it being the first attended show for over a year by that point.

* some reports are suggesting they’re setting up for 30,000 to be in attendance 

Genuinely don't want to get Political but you know , come on...I'm sure they can find 30,000 Anti-Covid fans willing to attend to show Covid is a hoax to get Trump out of Office etc

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Chili said:

Are they really trying to aim to seat 30,000 idiots? How do they see that as good publicity or a good thing. 30,000 of them!

There were nearly 17,000 at the Chiefs/Bills game in Missouri on Sunday night. It looked very sparse too. Unless government decide to clamp down, I don't think it's that unreasonable to think a crowd of that size might be possible in two more months. Not sure why there should be negative publicity if they're not breaking any rules. There were something like 8,000 fans indoors at the Luke Campbell fight in Texas last month. That's far worse.

17 minutes ago, Chili said:

Are they really trying to aim to seat 30,000 idiots? How do they see that as good publicity or a good thing. 30,000 of them!

It's not going to get them much negative press in America at least I don't think. I mean they have other things that have audiences, plus stuff like Disney World is open etc. It looks fucking mental to us but in context with the rest of America it's on a level. I'd be surprised if they got a real bashing in the press or anything.

Of course it also depends on what happens over there with Covid anyway. Could end up going south like it has here, but then their numbers are insane anyway and they don't seem to care too much.

3 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Why are "old guys" now the enemy of certain fans, I know Batista got some abuse for coming back in 2014, Goldberg gets tonnes of heat anytime something is posted about him and now I've seen Edge getting flack for returning?

Used properly to put guys over then they have alot of value.

Also favourite of the week names seem to be pulled from a hat, and they want some bland guys to be world champion (everyone deserves a strap) like Gulak, Cesaro etc I really want guys like that to be world champs just to see what would happen.

Anyway hopefully the Rumble will get some new shit going and end other stuff, few returns might add to the shows aswell like Edge, Rollins, Aleister etc

Who exactly are you seeing call for Drew Gulak to be world champion? 🤨

14 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Who exactly are you seeing call for Drew Gulak to be world champion? 🤨

Think it was a WWE post on Instagram talking about Cesaros SD winning streak, quite a few guys said he's a name that should be a world champion, along with 90% of the roster expect the ones that actually should be

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's not going to get them much negative press in America at least I don't think. I mean they have other things that have audiences, plus stuff like Disney World is open etc. It looks fucking mental to us but in context with the rest of America it's on a level. I'd be surprised if they got a real bashing in the press or anything.

Of course it also depends on what happens over there with Covid anyway. Could end up going south like it has here, but then their numbers are insane anyway and they don't seem to care too much.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but there seems to be a scary mindset in America (even among what many would consider to be enlightened folks), that just wearing a mask is adequate protection.

The election campaign and even inauguration had hundreds of people mingling all over the place, but just because they had a covering means they were safe? We all know that a mask alone without other social distancing measures etc is pretty useless. 

Shows how far debate/political thinking has shifted to the right over there that even wearing a mask is considered to be a left of centre (or at least anti libertarian) mindset and a political act of itself.

Edited by garynysmon

20 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I think Cena comes back to break Flair's all time total and then ride off into the sunset at SummerSlam when he drops it back. 

Cena might appear at Mania but I don't think it will be for this reason, they will want arena's full of fans when they do Cena's final title reign IMO, maybe 2022.