The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

3 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

It's incredible how stupid they managed to make Lashley look in a show where he won the WWE Title for the first time in his career. When Miz ran off, he just pottered around the ring with an angry derp face. I only watched the YouTube clips so I don't know how it came across on TV, but it sure as hell looked stupid in short form.

I don’t really think that came across. Had he stormed off after him it’d have been a double count out and maybe he’d have been less worthy of a rematch that way.

I thought the story wasn’t badly told, in that it got you to a point where in a heel-heel match, you had a genuine favourite without having to like him and yet he still came out of it a monster heel (as he essentially squashed Miz), who’ll be a good foil for Drew.

But, it was a well told midcard title story. That’s the WWE Champion feigning the shits, FFS.

• Paid Members

It's the WWE champion who won MITB because Tucker turned on Otis (anyone remember Tucker?) And has hardly a singles victory to his name in months. He's been made to be a chicken shit, heel opportunistic douche, unlike the Edges and stuff who were supposed to be well, edgy.

He even lost the cash in and weaseled it back using Hollywood lawyers to fight his cause.

Him winning the title after Drew had not only been battered by 5 men but then Lashley too and barely getting the win at that, if Miz had shown any valiant fight, I'd have probably launched my laptop out the window in frustration. He knew he was terrified of Lashley, he was before Strowman nearly ended up there too and saw what he did to Strowman. The fact Miz didn't leg it out the arena and straight into the car is the only non logic I could find, or that they didn't do the run away and the gut pain the other way round.

Last night would've been a perfect example of a 3 hour build up to a new champion finally getting his hands on Miz and winning the belt because everyone was fed up of the Mizs shit. Was there any face lumberjacks at all? It seemed everyone was a bad guy who was bored of the Miz and wanted Lashley to squash him.

8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

It's the WWE champion who won MITB because Tucker turned on Otis (anyone remember Tucker?) And has hardly a singles victory to his name in months. He's been made to be a chicken shit, heel opportunistic douche, unlike the Edges and stuff who were supposed to be well, edgy.

He even lost the cash in and weaseled it back using Hollywood lawyers to fight his cause.

Him winning the title after Drew had not only been battered by 5 men but then Lashley too and barely getting the win at that, if Miz had shown any valiant fight, I'd have probably launched my laptop out the window in frustration. He knew he was terrified of Lashley, he was before Strowman nearly ended up there too and saw what he did to Strowman. The fact Miz didn't leg it out the arena and straight into the car is the only non logic I could find, or that they didn't do the run away and the gut pain the other way round.

Last night would've been a perfect example of a 3 hour build up to a new champion finally getting his hands on Miz and winning the belt because everyone was fed up of the Mizs shit. Was there any face lumberjacks at all? It seemed everyone was a bad guy who was bored of the Miz and wanted Lashley to squash him.

All 100% correct. It was a finely told story.

It was not a story befitting the world title whichever way you slice it.

The WWE Champion faked the shits. 

• Paid Members
Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

All 100% correct. It was a finely told story.

It was not a story befitting the world title whichever way you slice it.

The WWE Champion faked the shits. 

We'll have to agree to disagree but I can see why you think it.

For me it worked as a nice two week story arc for a transitional champion that has been presented as afraid of everything pretty much since Hollywood was as important for him. It ties in nicely with this belief he does everything he can for wrestling.

Oh god, I'm becoming a Miz fan aren't I?

• Paid Members

I wonder, are all the part-timer haters happy that they spunked Drew vs. Goldberg at Royal Rumble in favour of Drew vs. Lashley at Wrestlemania?

Admittedly, I’ve not watched Raw in weeks, so maybe Lashley has really stepped up and feels like a main event star. But either way, from a marquee standpoint, which has always been what Wrestlemania is half about anyways, Drew vs. Lashley has got to be one of the least inspiring Wrestlemania WWE Title matches of all time.

Honestly, at this point they might as well throw Drew, Lashley, Miz, Orton and Bray into some daft Firefly Funhouse match for the Title. Drew and Bobby one-on-one absolutely reeks of late-Summer B-level PPV, not the main event of your biggest show of the year.

They're gonna call Brock at the last minute. I’m certain of it.

Edited by Supremo

A two man power trip with Roman/Brock V Bryan and someone else (I was gonna say Edge, but dunno if I can bare the guy any more) would be absolutely great for a feud over a couple of months. It will lead to the eventual blow off between the two guys and l Heyman siding with one ( Reigns) and have a cracking Reigns V Brock match with the dynamics switched.

40 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I wonder, are all the part-timer haters happy that they spunked Drew vs. Goldberg at Royal Rumble in favour of Drew vs. Lashley at Wrestlemania?

By no means am I a part-timer hater, but I have more of an interest in Drew vs Lashley than I do Drew vs Goldberg. A Goldberg match is as predictable as it gets, whereas at least the Lashley option is somewhat fresh. Couldn’t give a fuck if Goldberg is a bigger star or not, he’s bored me to death since his initial return and the Lesnar series.

Plus, I honestly don’t think the Goldberg match did anything for Drew. I wouldn’t say he came out of it looking any better or worse than he did going in. I can’t see how it would have been any different if they’d saved it until Mania.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

There's barely anyone on the main roster - certainly on the RAW side - that would make for a compelling Wrestlemania main event, because no one feels special, largely (but not entirely) as a result of the focus having been on part-timers in the big matches for so long. I don't care how well he's been booked in the short-term, "Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre" screams B-Grade pay-per-view headliner, if not just a RAW main event. It certainly doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania main event, and having dicked around with The Miz in the interim rather than just having Lashley going straight after McIntyre certainly doesn't help.

I get that the Miz thing was largely done to protect McIntyre by having him not lose the title clean, but still getting the opportunity to win it back at Wrestlemania for the big babyface finish, but Lashley is a guy with a whole stable backing him up - there's plenty of ways they could have got to the same place without Miz. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

They're gonna call Brock at the last minute. I’m certain of it.

They’ve given themselves wiggle room. I could see a world where Miz is deprived a rematch, moans about it and when Bad Bunny laughs about it he moves into that feud straight away.

McIntyre/Lashley at Fast Lane, Sheamus (or someone) costs McIntyre the match and Lesnar returns the following night to challenge Lashley. That scenario wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Whilst I think your overall point about the quality of the match for Mania is right, Lashley (and MVP) have been tremendous recently. I think the only reason anyone would struggle to buy him as a top tier talent is they remember how long he was shit for. His current work is great.

It’ll likely all fall to shit when he’s expected to wrestle a 20 minute match.

If you had said that Lashley would beat Miz in 3 minutes to win the title 24 hrs ago. I would have thought awesome. But the way they got there was awful. 

One thing that annoyed me was the countdown clock. Kayfabe wise what would have happened if the clock went to 0 during the Naomi-Nia match? 

Is Brauns gimmick that he's Father Dougal. Poor Braun doesn't understand why he's been suspended or the difference between the WWE and Universal title. I'm expecting Shane to tell him the difference between small and far away next week. 

If we have two Randy Orton, does that mean double the headlocks or is the other Randy a spot monkey? 

Edited by Tsurutagun