The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

“Locker room” makes sense and is very traditional sports speech for where the athletes get ready, so I much prefer it to “in the back” which might as well be “backstage.”

That’s all I can contribute these days, I don’t even recognise many of the wrestlers names being discussed. What’s a Street Profit?

• Paid Members
On 11/7/2020 at 12:43 AM, air_raid said:

“Locker room” makes sense and is very traditional sports speech for where the athletes get ready, so I much prefer it to “in the back” which might as well be “backstage.”

That’s all I can contribute these days, I don’t even recognise many of the wrestlers names being discussed. What’s a Street Profit?

No idea. Mike Skinner's off the radar nowadays so it can't be that bad. Having said that, a grand don't come for free.

I'll get me coat. 

• Paid Members

I watched the last two matches again on C5s sloppily edited highlights show on Sunday. There were a couple of amusing miscues on rope running spots (when Alexander did a handspring and just kind of blundered into a New Day move rather than it looking like a counter). They’ve ruined McIntyre by making him smile, he’s supposed to be a “Scottish psychopath “ still, right? Caught an earful of “to pin the tag team champions!” on a near fall, it’s terrible that this awful Cole-ism is still being spewed constantly. Miz and Morrison are too good a team to be losing a handicap match to any one guy, do they not realize how much booking like that shits on the tag team division? Imagine how crap the next team are that Miz and Morrison go over if Drew can beat them by himself.

Overall : delighted they have such a good spot for Alexa.

I don't have much to say other than Drew + sword + pyro made me a little horny.

I'm not sure how I feel about Randy losing the title quite so quickly. It makes me question why they had him win it in the first place to be honest if this was going to happen. I wasn't against him winning it but it just feels a bit strange.

Drew/Roman is a much more interesting prospect these days though and I did enjoy what they did on SmackDown so I'm certainly more invested in that match than a Roman/Randy one.

18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

How many years in a row has it been now where a world title holder drops the belt days before the Survivor Series? 

3rd time in 4 years the WWE Title has changed hands on or before go home week, Jinder to AJ in 2017, AJ to Bryan in 2018 and Orton to McIntyre last night.  Last year was the first time since 2015 that there were World title matches (and that year was the WWE title tournament when it was vacated by Rollins)

I don't mind if they hot shot the title between top guys and feuds now and again, keeps Orton strong and a threat by winning, Drew lost a violent gimmick match so doesn't look weak, with Fiend lurking and Miz MITB it atleast keeps parts moving.

A competitive world title scene is good, to me it was what was great about the attitude era in both companies, all top guys feuded for years with no real conclusion and you believed the title could change hands anytime, as long as it's not over done it's not a bad thing.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't have much to say other than Drew + sword + pyro made me a little horny.

I'm not sure how I feel about Randy losing the title quite so quickly. It makes me question why they had him win it in the first place to be honest if this was going to happen. I wasn't against him winning it but it just feels a bit strange.

Drew/Roman is a much more interesting prospect these days though and I did enjoy what they did on SmackDown so I'm certainly more invested in that match than a Roman/Randy one.

Yeah, it's very odd. It feels very much like a last minute mind-change. I do wish Drew/Roman had more build-up to it, though. Friday's confrontation has me in the mood for more than we're going to get, Roman's astoundingly good right now and the match itself already feels pretty huge. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely delighted Drew has the belt back. Only logical choice for me because he's still fresh, still looks like a killer and still has lots of feuds he could go into. 

Didn't like Orton winning but in hindsight I'm glad they've gone with the two that'll carry the company for the next five years barring any further health/suspensions. 

Just seems likely that if they're keeping separate brand titles then there'll be some sort of dodgy finish at Survivor Series to keep both looking strong. Unless there's a MITB cash in and the other wins the Rumble and goes after the belt in a revenge storyline. 

Not much else to care about. How hard could it be to build a traditional SS match without the hokey brand nonsense? The New Day plus to pals Vs The Hurt Business plus two pals would be easy to get to. Never mind brands. Get it done Vince! 

Yeah I mentioned few posts back but Drew, Lee, Riddle, Hardy vs Orton, Braun, AJ, Elias and Roman, Aleister, Jey, Ziggler vs KO, Bryan, Otis, Big E

Mix of guys you wouldn't see mix, end and start storylines.

Best brand warfare was last year, great build up and ppv and seeing guys face each other that still havnt like ciampa, priest 

• Paid Members

Probably nonsense, but I did wonder if Randy having this reign, and possibly a couple more similar in the next year or so is to eventually hype him going for the title record that Cena has previously been earmarked for.  Given he's now on 14 and Cena is on 16 that doesn't feel out of the question.