The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I'd assumed they'd turned Tucker so that they could do Tucker vs. Otis in the battle for brand supremacy (probably as a pre-show match), or have them on opposing sides of a Survivor Series team. It's really strange that they had him turn on his partner with no follow-up whatsoever before having him lose this quickly to Ricochet. 

I'd be far more invested in seeing Lashley take the WWE title from Orton than I would McIntyre, The Fiend or anyone else for that matter. The Hurt Business continue to be the highlight of RAW for me. 

Had a skip through this to see how Raw's going post-draft. The show's got even worse!

The hoss triple threat was the best thing on the show. Really fun, fast paced, big meat slapping battle. Keith Lee nearly decapitating himself was not so hot. They're really tempting fate with all these dives recently aren't they? Ivar out. Ridge Holland out. Then Drew McIntyre nearly did the same thing an hour later!

Like Rooster, I wouldn't mind Bobby Lashley moving up the card for a bit. Lashley's turn around has been a welcomed surprise and he's looked the part wrecking people. 

There's not much in wrestling that can make me cringe on the inside, but I really can't handle this Alexa Bliss stuff. So bad.

I can't even watch Shayna Baszler anymore. What a fucking waste. Have her and Asuka even interacted since the Chamber? I swear they're sabotaging the women's division until we're begging for Charlotte Flair to save the day.

Drew and Orton have really dropped off since their feud began. The motivated Orton of the Edge feud is long gone. Can't say I blame him, having to sell for Bray Wyatt bollocks. What happened to Drew's cool duster jacket thing? He's become just another guy hanging about in his underpants.

I do like AJ and his new bodyguard. It's freshened him up quite a bit.

I give it four months until poor Tucker gets future endeavoured.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I've seen Tucker getting the "deserves better" "should go to AEW" bollocks online as anyone that loses does but did they see him on Raw? He looks like shit and has jobber written all over him.

No wonder no one is seen as stars these days when fans moan if anyone loses, we talk about 50/50 booking but honestly I can see why WWE do it, seems something alot of fans want, like a medal for participating.

Tucker was fine where he was in Heavy Machinery. They worked well together. He played his part, but it's not like he was ever the charismatic one or anything. Everyone enjoyed Otis in terms of character.

On his own he's just going to be completely lost. To be honest I doubt Otis will last too long on his own either.

Tucker's done nothing but the WWE system for his entire career, straight out of college into the PC. 20 years ago, he'd have been the doughy enhancement talent getting announced after coming back from commercial on Sunday Night Heat, ready to get flattened by Hardcore Holly. He's solid but utterly vanilla. Not his fault of course, he's just been doing what he's told, and maybe a few years jobbing on indies will unleash some hitherto unseen charismatic super worker. As is, he just doesn't warrant a big money focus.

• Paid Members

I really like AJ with his mysterious associate, the visual of them together is great.

I bet AJ is glad they're not on the road at the moment, I imagine trying to not get spotted in airports and stuff would be a right ballache if you were travelling everywhere with a 7 foot black guy.

13 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Tucker was fine where he was in Heavy Machinery. They worked well together. He played his part, but it's not like he was ever the charismatic one or anything. Everyone enjoyed Otis in terms of character.

On his own he's just going to be completely lost. To be honest I doubt Otis will last too long on his own either.

I have Otis lined up to be the next R Truth in my mind. He'll be paid for years until Vince stuffs it to be his bit of entertainment. 

4 hours ago, simonworden said:

I have Otis lined up to be the next R Truth in my mind. He'll be paid for years until Vince stuffs it to be his bit of entertainment. 

Yeah, I think you're right. Give it a year and he'll be drafted to Raw to fart around with R-Truth in the 24/7 division. 

• Paid Members
On 11/3/2020 at 4:50 PM, The Cutting Edge said:

I've seen Tucker getting the "deserves better" "should go to AEW" bollocks online as anyone that loses does but did they see him on Raw? He looks like shit and has jobber written all over him.

IMO what he deseves is being released, solely for turning up in those hideous tights with "Knight" on the arse despite the fact he's not been called Tucker Knight for years.

Are we to gather from Orton's odd "there is nobody in the back...sorry, nobody in the locker room" statement in his promo that "in the back" has made it onto Vince's forbidden phrases list?

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Are we to gather from Orton's odd "there is nobody in the back...sorry, nobody in the locker room" statement in his promo that "in the back" has made it onto Vince's forbidden phrases list?

If that’s the case it’s a rare example of me being OK with a banned phrase. When I first started watching wrestling (and maybe I was a little idiot) I didn’t initially know what they meant when they referred to ‘the back’. I obviously figured it out, but I can understand why it’s worth being more specific.