The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

4 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Probably nonsense, but I did wonder if Randy having this reign, and possibly a couple more similar in the next year or so is to eventually hype him going for the title record that Cena has previously been earmarked for.  Given he's now on 14 and Cena is on 16 that doesn't feel out of the question. 

That crossed my mind too actually. Actually rewarding his loyalty by having him break some that record probably would boost his value as a legacy star going forward and in an era where there are very few of those left I could see why they'd want to do that, why they'd want to hype him up as a record breaker. 

Either Cena or Orton win, however there's trouble ahead on Raw over the summer as Triple H and Stephanie form The System to take back control of the show. Eventually Vince comes back in the fall to shake things up, pal. 

I can see into infinity. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Either Cena or Orton win, however there's trouble ahead on Raw over the summer as Triple H and Stephanie form The System to take back control of the show. Eventually Vince comes back in the fall to shake things up, pal. 

I can see into infinity. 

You've nailed it. This is the longest we've gone without some form of authority storyline in about ten years isn't it? 

11 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I don't mind if they hot shot the title between top guys and feuds now and again, keeps Orton strong and a threat by winning, Drew lost a violent gimmick match so doesn't look weak, with Fiend lurking and Miz MITB it atleast keeps parts moving.

A competitive world title scene is good, to me it was what was great about the attitude era in both companies, all top guys feuded for years with no real conclusion and you believed the title could change hands anytime, as long as it's not over done it's not a bad thing.

I'll be honest, I don't watch WWE shows anymore, and I mostly keep up on the goings on, either on here or Twitter, but that title picture on Raw must be the worst they've ever had right? 

Mcintyre, Orton, The Miz, The Fiend

Can't have those 3 challengers anywhere near a Wrestlemania title match, who else do they have that they can build for Mania for Drew? 

Edited by sukhy

10 hours ago, sukhy said:

I'll be honest, I don't watch WWE shows anymore, and I mostly keep up on the goings on, either on here or Twitter, but that title picture on Raw must be the worst they've ever had right? 

Mcintyre, Orton, The Miz, The Fiend

Can't have those 3 challengers anywhere near a Wrestlemania title match, who else do they have that they can build for Mania for Drew? 

I think he'll lose the belt again before that, and challenge Reigns at Mania for the Universal title.

The match on Sunday will go to a no contest, and they will use that to build up to it.

We'll see on Friday if Big E gets onto team Smackdown and have some kind of clue if his push actually is happening. 

The WWE title situation has been odd but it's helped reheat Drew McIntyre. Between the Roman standoff, his souped-up boner inducing new entrance and the decisive win over Orton finally, he's had a good week and feels like Roman's equal heading into SS. The developing story between him and Sheamus is the best thing on the show. Cheesy for some maybe but I love how natural their interactions are, they actually come off like real mates. Drew's little face when he opened the chest. 😊 You know the turn is coming but Sheamus has been cracking as the enthusiastically happy lad. He's lowkey had a great 2020 has Sheamus. While everyone else is bickering like fools this is just. . . nice.

• Paid Members

Reading the results, this sounded like the most insignificant WWE Title change of all time. Randomly switching it back after a couple of weeks, on a TV show no-one is watching, the change only coming about because someone realised late in the day that they had a heel vs. heel match headlining one of the coldest, least appealing pay per views ever.

Saying all that though, Drew sure knows how to sell the importance of that belt. Him screaming, “this is our moment!” into the camera at the end was phenomenal babyface work. He continues to look the absolute business holding that belt too.

Its absolutely tragic Drew’s turn came during the empty arena era. He’s done a much better job and continues to be a much better suit for this role than anyone who’s been given it since John Cena.

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I think he'll lose the belt again before that, and challenge Reigns at Mania for the Universal title.

The match on Sunday will go to a no contest, and they will use that to build up to it.

While I don't think that's impossible it would really fuck Raw over and leave a massive void on that brand until the next draft. 

I think McIntyre/Lesnar II is possible, perhaps even likely, and although no one is really talking about it and it probably wouldn't be a show-closer I don't think McIntyre/Samoa Joe is out of the question and could be a fun little mid-show match. 

I was personally made up Drew got the belt back, he’s taken to the main event babyface role a lot better and more naturally than he did in his NXT face role and his whole entrance on Monday with the kilt and sword just looked totally badass

I’m well up for him and Roman slugging it out on Sunday, wouldn’t mind if they pulled a double DQ or count out finish just to keep it on the burner for a future rematch

6 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

That's not the worst idea, but then again, chances are the belt ends up with The Miz lol

I may have imagined it, but haven't Roman and Drew had a match at Mania before? And it was shite?