WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The next round of Mario Kart DLC arrives on Thursday. Birdo will be selectable, and I think there's an all-new circuit as well that hasn't been shoehorned in from the mobile game. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
So you didn't think I was talking about the French version of Mario Paint.

7 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Keep going, the one after that is much more straightforward!

I take this back. The one after the scorpion prick is quite awkward. There's far too many things on the floor, making it difficult to move around while you're trying to sweep some nice straight lines across the ceiling. Not too impressed with this DLC really. Like, it's good because it's PowerWash Simulator, but I haven't enjoyed cleaning any of these objects anywhere near as much as all the others. 5 out of 10.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:58 AM, RedRooster said:

Anyone want a Steam code for the game Monaco? It's yours for free, if you want it. Just DM me. 

And I also have a code for Demon Turf (courtesy of Humble Choice) should anyone want it. Again, DM me if you're interested - it's free to a good home. 

On 3/6/2023 at 12:11 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I played Dark Souls before. Didn’t get very far with it though as I got confused and put it away in a drawer. 

I was the same as you. I heard so many good things about the Dark Souls games, so I eventually gave them a go a few years ago. Kept dying, couldn’t beat one of the early bosses and gave up. Then I tried Bloodborne and the same thing happened. Got stuck, gave up. So I tried Nioh. I did better with that, actually made some progress and beat a few bosses. But once I hit a brick wall I gave up. 

And then along came Elden Ring. 

I bought it on release day, and was determined not to give up on it. I got to the first boss, Margit (I still hate him), and he destroyed me over and over again. I was a whisker away from setting fire to the disc. But I was adamant I would beat him. So I did some grinding, levelled my character up, improved my weapons and tried again. Rest in peace Margit. 200+ hours later, I had beaten every single boss in the game, finished every location, found pretty much every weapon you can find on a first playthrough. Now it’s one of my favourite games of all time. 

Now I’m working my way through FromSoftware’s back catalogue, starting with the Demon Souls PS5 remaster and I’ve progressed further than I did when I played it previously. I would definitely recommend giving these games another chance. They’re incredibly rewarding once you figure out boss patterns and start fucking them up. 

I’ll be giving Wo Long a go once Demon Souls is finished.

• Paid Members

Elden Ring was truly a once in a generation game. It took everything that was abrasive and inaccessible about the Dark Souls games and made it accessible without sacrificing anything that made those games special.
I honestly don't think it's that far out an opinion to say it may just be a timeless classic, the only thing holding it back will be the online functionality that scrubs like me had to use to beat some bosses. Playing it a decade from now will be a true test.

Guilty Gear Strive hit Game Pass yesterday and is bloody lovely. I've always been a bit intimidated by Arc System's fighting games and their systems on systems but this isn't particularly hard to get to grips with. They've made it a touch slower than some of the previous GG games and certainly the BlazBlue games I've played which helps.

On top of that it's bloody gorgeous to look at, it feels cliché to say it looks like an animé but it really does right to the fact that the story mode is basically a full feature film done in game engine. There's a ludicrous amount of lore involved but the game comes with a museum mode that teaches you the timeline and characters if you're that way inclined.

Highly recommended.

11 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Elden Ring was truly a once in a generation game. It took everything that was abrasive and inaccessible about the Dark Souls games and made it accessible without sacrificing anything that made those games special.
I honestly don't think it's that far out an opinion to say it may just be a timeless classic, the only thing holding it back will be the online functionality that scrubs like me had to use to beat some bosses. Playing it a decade from now will be a true test.

It’s 100% an all timer for me, I knew that when I was playing it, after I finished it, during my second play through, after my 200th hour and I’m as convinced whilst writing this. I’ve never had a harder time moving on from a game than I did that one, everything pales in comparison. 

11 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I hated this game at first, but it really grew on me - it was posts by @Mr_Danger that persuaded me to persist. My only complaint was the lack of quest markers. I know some people like that, but for people like me, with terrible memories, it made the game a little less accessible than it otherwise would have been. All in all, though, it opened up the Souls-like genre to someone like me; who typically has little time for it.

It even had me giving Demon Souls another try. I still couldn’t get into that, though…

• Paid Members

I struggled with Dark Souls when I tried playing it in my 360 with no Internet connection, which was quite the challenge. I managed to get through Jedi Fallen Order, which is probably as close to a Soulsbourne as I'm going to get. I'm tempted to see how the Dark Souls remaster is on Switch at some point, but get a feeling it's going to be a little sparse in terms of who's going to be about in that version. 

On 3/6/2023 at 9:13 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I take this back. The one after the scorpion prick is quite awkward. There's far too many things on the floor, making it difficult to move around while you're trying to sweep some nice straight lines across the ceiling. Not too impressed with this DLC really. Like, it's good because it's PowerWash Simulator, but I haven't enjoyed cleaning any of these objects anywhere near as much as all the others. 5 out of 10.

The last one was fiddly as fuck as well!

Was looking for a new game to start and settled on Arkham Knight. But for some reason it just made me reminisce about the brilliant Sleeping Dogs was. I’d love either a sequel or a similar game. I know loads have the horn for Yakusa games, maybe I’ll try that one I started and gave up on another go. 

18 minutes ago, gmoney said:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/mar/08/game-dystopian-mirror-uk-dan-douglas-duke-smoochem

I work with the guy who made this, one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. 

"Corbyn plays Thatcher's Techbase in Wetherspoons" and "Keir Starmer orders a drone strike on a field of alpacas from the Great British Bake Off tent" did me in. The man's doing God's work.

I've just started Arkham City after playing through Asylum. I got the remastered trilogy in a PS Store sale, having never gotten round to playing on Xbox 360. Finally seeing what all the fuss was about, but I do wish they'd let me pause during cutscenes. A bugbear in any game.