WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Just now, Merzbow said:

Great game, I think if released now when streaming is so hot it'd be huge. Unless there's been a resurgence?

It's superb - I already had it, but picked up another code as part of this 72-item Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/turkiye-syria-earthquake-relief-bundle

There are some superb games on this, if anyone is interested. I'd never played Ghosthunter before, but I'm really enjoying it. 

These Humble Bundles and Fanatical packages are dangerously addictive. 72 games for a minimum of £25? There’s probably going to be some dregs in there, but likely a lot of gems. I kicked myself for missing the bundle last month that had a bunch of early Fallout games in it, so I’m not missing this one.

Started Wo Long, still on the first mission and it’s frustrating as fuck. There isn’t much of a tutorial or explanation of what stuff on screen means. Only after getting my head kicked in for an hour did a window pop up telling me how to block and dodge attacks. every time you die it starts you right back at the beginning until you find a place that unlocks a save point. Then once you rest at them, all the enemies you’ve killed reappear.
Spend another hour walking around the village, avoiding a big fuck off tiger who is about ten levels higher than you and ruins your shit instantly. Eventually I found a path that opened up so will carry on with that today!

There was a first for me on the character creation page though, it has the usual male or female options but there is another field for preferred pronouns. Not seen that before and though it was a pretty cool feature. 

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is that your first Souls-like? I've heard it's great, definitely tempted if the PS4 version isn't shit.

I played Dark Souls before. Didn’t get very far with it though as I got confused and put it away in a drawer. 

Power Wash got me good. Really thought I'd wasted my money trudging through that awful van-in-the-garage training mission but when I got to the garden and that little cash register sound start chiming each time I finished an object one at a time I fell right into the zen of it. 

Walked right into saying to Mrs. FOOK "Imagine if they done this in VR", prompting the lightening fast retort "It is in VR, fuck off outside and clean the deck!" 

TV go pssssssssshhhhh anxiety go away. 

1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Power Wash got me good. Really thought I'd wasted my money trudging through that awful van-in-the-garage training mission but when I got to the garden and that little cash register sound start chiming each time I finished an object one at a time I fell right into the zen of it. 

Walked right into saying to Mrs. FOOK "Imagine if they done this in VR", prompting the lightening fast retort "It is in VR, fuck off outside and clean the deck!" 

TV go pssssssssshhhhh anxiety go away. 

YES!!! I can honestly say it’s been the most effective coping mechanism I’ve had in years for my anxiety!  Saying that though, one of the FF7 levels is fiddly as hell and my usual structured approach is out the window!

Was that the Scorpion Sentinel? Pain in the arse, that was. I cancelled my Game Pass subscription the other day because I've played everything on there that I want to play, but then realised it means I won't have access to PowerWash Simulator any more. So I bought it for £15. More than happy to throw them a few quid as a thanks for the supremely pleasant 80ish hours I've spent on it.