Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

She could have made 10 grand on Twitch in about half an hour if Evil Vince hadn't put a stop to it. 

Twitch doesn’t allow that kind of content, does it??

5 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Surely they couldn't go under? If they really needed 10k to carry on they could get it from Paige? 

Forgive my ignorance but apart from rent/mortgage repayments and insurance costs for the training centre what overheads could a wrestling company with no contracted talent have?

I wouldn't imagine it was very likely they would go under because worst case scenario I would imagine Paige could/would cover it quite comfortably...but why take money from your own family before chancing your arm at taking it off marks instead?

9 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Forgive my ignorance but apart from rent/mortgage repayments and insurance costs for the training centre what overheads could a wrestling company with no contracted talent have?

I wouldn't imagine it was very likely they would go under because worst case scenario I would imagine Paige could/would cover it quite comfortably...but why take money from your own family before chancing your arm at taking it off marks instead?

There are always fans who will give I suppose. Some have given £200 plus which I find insane. 

Maybe Bertie Del Rio can sell some coke to raise funds?

In all seriousness that pitch raising funds has red flags all over it. 

The pitch starts where the guy has just got of the phone with the Knights. 

The excerpt of the exchange on the phone states that they need X amount of £ a month or they will go under. 

For a successful pitch it would need to be highlighted why they are in financial troubles for example the global pandemic. 

What sort of costings are there in running WAW? Can they offer transparency in showing business costs of the business?

This pitch is very reliant upon goodwill from fans that won't question handing over money without asking questions about where the money will be used and how. I am not a willing investor. 

3 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Maybe Bertie Del Rio can sell some coke to raise funds?

In all seriousness that pitch raising funds has red flags all over it. 

The pitch starts where the guy has just got of the phone with the Knights. 

The excerpt of the exchange on the phone states that they need X amount of £ a month or they will go under. 

For a successful pitch it would need to be highlighted why they are in financial troubles for example the global pandemic. 

What sort of costings are there in running WAW? Can they offer transparency in showing business costs of the business?

This pitch is very reliant upon goodwill from fans that won't question handing over money without asking questions about where the money will be used and how. I am not a willing investor. 

So much for dealing in faaaaaacts.

16 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

My guess is that they can’t offer any transparency, as according Companies House WAW has been dissolved since 2017.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09582901

Edited by WyattSheepMask

22 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Thanks for that, Bannatyne. Reminds me of a pitch where a guy said if you send him your mobile phone and some money, he will put some ringtones on it and send it you back.