Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

I'm fairly sure there'll be more clauses in that contract that he isn't telling us about.

Also where on earth is he getting the idea that he'd be due $10 Million by each accuser and then Anthem themselves? Even if he kept up his stated earnings every month for the next 40 years (per chance dick flips on 80 year olds are in vogue in the year 2060), he'd still not have earned $10 Million.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AVM said:

I'm fairly sure there'll be more clauses in that contract that he isn't telling us about.

Also where on earth is he getting the idea that he'd be due $10 Million by each accuser and then Anthem themselves? Even if he kept up his stated earnings every month for the next 40 years (per chance dick flips on 80 year olds are in vogue in the year 2060), he'd still not have earned $10 Million.

I think it’s an America thing where you sue someone for what both sides know is a stupid amount, and then settle for a lower amount.

If it’s say, 20%, then 20% of $10 million is a lot more than 20% of a “realistic” sum of, let’s say $50,000.

Edited by Your Fight Site

17 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I think it’s an America thing where you sue someone for what both sides know is a stupid amount, and then settle for a lower amount.

If it’s say, 20%, then 20% of $10 million is a lot more than 20% of a “realistic” sum of, let’s say $50,000.

Like the time Sable sued the WWF for $50 billion and 50% mineral rights on the next 5 planets terraformed by any Earth based consortium. They settled out of court for a ‘undisclosed sum’. 

What are people' thoughts on the Marko Stunt dildo fiasco? 

I know its not strictly Speaking Out but given that the business needs to take a serious look at sexual harassment I don't think forcing someone to suck a dildo is the best look for any company right now!

I am bias as I have a terrible dislike for Stunt but you'd have thought people would steer well clear of this type of thing. 

• Paid Members

I haven't seen the spot, just a still image and people talking about it.

Mock sexual assault spots should have died with Joey Ryan's career. It being on an LGBT-inclusive show doesn't make it any better, and arguably makes it worse.

• Paid Members

His brothers also been accused of assault during the weekend as well hasn't he? 

I like Marko, he adds entertainment value in being battered the same way Spike Dudley did, but this isn't the first time he's been involved in a spot in ring that has had people pointing out that there's no place for sexually aggressive spots anymore. Someone does need to be in his ear more about thinking before doing some of this stuff in the current climate of the industry and society in general. 

1 hour ago, TheSurgeon said:

What's the point of this post?

Are you sticking up for him? 

EDIT - Well I can see from the tweets that that moron is sticking up for him and apparently his tag team partner too. Who on earth is Oisin Delaney anyway?

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members

Yeh, that's a bad take. On the one hand, he's making a load of noise about safeguarding spaces for women and minors, which per se is good, but on the other, the pearl-clutching about how those women hiring Bubblegum "undermines" the validity of everything that's gone before is either misguided at best or disingenuous at worst. Nothing that's happened since he admitted to that abuse changes the fact of it, or any other abuse that's actually happened.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

This is a complicated topic that I almost never speak on because, well, I'll a straight middle-aged man, and also because it's really hard not to offend even when you have the best of intentions, and because of that I obviously won’t say anything here because there’s no point.

Edited by Linus

3 hours ago, Linus said:

This is a complicated topic that I almost never speak on because, well, I'll a straight middle-aged man, and also because it's really hard not to offend even when you have the best of intentions

Flashback to that Indysleaze guy on Twitter who thought it would be a good idea to use #Metoo to admit he was a wrongun in the past.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Linus said:

This is a complicated topic that I almost never speak on because, well, I'll a straight middle-aged man, and also because it's really hard not to offend even when you have the best of intentions, and because of that I obviously won’t say anything here because there’s no point.

Thanks for saying you have nothing to say on the matter.