Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

Not sure if this has been talked about elsewhere but in the latest Observer:

"The company made the decision to drop Matt Riddle’s first name, and now he’s just “Riddle.” The story was that they wanted to not have people google “Matt Riddle” and come up with the details of the lawsuit against him and WWE."

The absolute state of this company.

Well, I googled Riddle, and got nothing related to the wrestler I was looking for, so I googled Riddle WWE, and got the second result of a Wrestling Inc. article titled "WWE Reportedly Changed Matt Riddle's Ring Name Over Candy Cartwright Lawsuit". There is a limited timeframe for them to win the favor of good old boolean operators and change his name to 'RIDDLE wwe -sexual harassment -abuse -candy'. It's a mouthful, but the dividends are surely worth it! Or not. Probably not, no.

Edited by Yottai Nightman

• Awards Moderator
On 10/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Not sure if this has been talked about elsewhere but in the latest Observer:

"The company made the decision to drop Matt Riddle’s first name, and now he’s just “Riddle.” The story was that they wanted to not have people google “Matt Riddle” and come up with the details of the lawsuit against him and WWE."

The absolute state of this company.

Should have just changed his first name to Tom and he’d have been hidden from Google results completely.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Japan or nxt for Marty as both seem ok with ignoring any accusations so far. Timing likely to be visa related I’d guess, hard to justify keeping someone in a country if not being used 

On 10/27/2020 at 1:10 PM, Linus said:

Three years ago, on Twitter, I had seen lots of men expressing surprise at the amount of women saying they’d had #MeToo experiences and I was trying to say that just because we didn’t consider some of our sexual interactions to be non-consensual - I was particularly referring to those handful of times in the mid-90s when I’d “pull” at a club, and we’d both be drunk - doesn’t mean that the women since that time might not have changed their opinion.

I made a big mess of the tweet and everything that came after it, and there’s not a day since that I don’t think about it and regret it.

You never pulled anyone in a club you sleazy fat fuck. Don't work the boys.

I'm eagerly awaiting the APPG report. I supplied my full account to them, plus comprehensive evidence that I held back to defend myself in the eventuality of a trial that was being threatened (including multiple pieces of video footage demonstrating the same behaviour plus a written account of exactly the same thing happening to another minor) plus details and evidence of the intimidation that followed. I and others who have submitted their account on the same people will hopefully counter any attempted whitewashing that the accused have attempted through their interview with the APPG and recent unrelated publicity.

• Paid Members

Ethan Page had a similar story of child abuse from a valet in the business. He said WCW valet Gorgeous George came up to him and pushed his face between her legs and said "I like em young" when he went to an indy show was a young lad. Do these idiots think skipping to the next town and forgetting about this shit, means it never happened and the person will simply forget it?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Ethan Page had a similar story of child abuse from a valet in the business. He said WCW valet Gorgeous George came up to him and pushed his face between her legs and said "I like em young" when he went to an indy show was a young lad. Do these idiots think skipping to the next town and forgetting about this shit, means it never happened and the person will simply forget it?

My experience wasn’t that extreme, but yeah, I agree entirely. Just because it’s part of an act doesn’t mean it’s acceptable. Were a man to do that it would be open and shut.

Here’s an extract of a review which referred to a situation where the person I accused repeated the same thing to another minor around the same time it happened to me:

”****** soon fought back. Powerbomb, DDT, Tombstone. But nothing seemed to put Angel away. It was only after a Superplex and a big splash did ****** finally get the win. But this wasn't the end of it. After attacking Angel, ****** returned to the dressing room, but not before realising the dreams of one lucky little bugger by getting him in a lip-lock. Hey, no fair! This kid is less than half my age, and he's seeing more action than me! Next WAW show I attend, I'm sitting where he is!”

The chap that authored this was 30 at the time and the reference was to someone ‘less than half his age’.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There's a horrible attitude that abuse towards men from women doesn't count, especially when that woman is beautiful and/or a star. Like they should be grateful.

On the Something To Wrestle tributes to Pat Patterson, they told a story about Ray Steven's girlfriend punching Pat Patterson in the face and forcing him to have sex with her, because Stevens had passed out and Patterson was the only other guy around.

They tried to make it sound hilarious, full on "That lucky fucker!" even though it's fucking textbook rape.