Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

So, I don’t know their situation, but I would be very surprised if they did not have access to funds to bail them out if they wanted.

They seem to have a bubble of fans in the East of England plus stans for Paige - believe me, some of the responses to speaking out were a bit like the response you would get to slagging off BTS on Twitter (possibly because Roy Knight directed his fan base to ‘let their feelings be known to that wanker scum’). Anyway, I think that group could probably be rinsed dry in a crowd funder. A good little earner for them I would think.

• Moderators

If they're on the books they'd be able to get loans/grants won't they? I've got self employed mates who've paid hardly any tax due to creative accountancy over the past few years, but they got a few grand off the government due to Covid. And my mate Steve Trucks who's fully legit got a covid windfall of about 20k.  As I understand it, small registered companies got what's essentially a rebate based on their declared earnings and tax in a couple of chunks. Surely WAW's turnover and tax is such they'd qualify for help? I've not looked them upon Companies House, but surely they'd be turning over about 50k over a year adn with paying to the system be entitled to a bit back? I'll happily be corrected though

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

If they're on the books they'd be able to get loans/grants won't they? I've got self employed mates who've paid hardly any tax due to creative accountancy over the past few years, but they got a few grand off the government due to Covid. And my mate Steve Trucks who's fully legit got a covid windfall of about 20k.  As I understand it, small registered companies got what's essentially a rebate based on their declared earnings and tax in a couple of chunks. Surely WAW's turnover and tax is such they'd qualify for help? I've not looked them upon Companies House, but surely they'd be turning over about 50k over a year adn with paying to the system be entitled to a bit back? I'll happily be corrected though

Someone pointed out that the WAW limited company closed in 2017 I think it was, and neither Ricky and Saraya are currently directors of any other companies at the moment when I looked out of sheer curiosity, so they’ll have to be trading as sole traders. 

Edited by Your Fight Site

Given their operations costs apparently exceed £10,000 per month, you'd think they'd want to reduce personal liability as much as reasonably possible and operate as a limited company? 

I'd imagine they'll have access to SEISS in the mean time, but that fund just isn't designed for businesses with those kind of overheads at all.

Either way, I'm sure they'll survive. The estimate seems to be that Paige can expect to earn about $45,000-$50,000 per month from Twitch (is she still doing it?) so I'm sure if it came to it, they'll be alright.

Edited by AVM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Someone pointed out that the WAW limited company closed in 2017 I think it was, and neither Ricky and Saraya are currently directors of any other companies at the moment when I looked out of sheer curiosity, so they’ll have to be trading as sole traders. 

The company was set up again in 2017 as WAW (UK) with a slightly different board. Ricky's on there. I'm guessing 2017 was when it looked like they'd be working with WWE/NXT UK and doing TV tapings. So I'd guess most of their current financial issues are around rent and loan repayments. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11079587

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The company was set up again in 2017 as WAW (UK) with a slightly different board. Ricky's on there. I'm guessing 2017 was when it looked like they'd be working with WWE/NXT UK and doing TV tapings. So I'd guess most of their current financial issues are around rent and loan repayments. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11079587

Ah. I just clicked through the names from the officers list here: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09582901/officers

Seems Companies House hasn’t linked the two with the names being put down differently. 

Part of my day job can involve looking at Companies House records to trace ownership. It's not an ideal system and very easy for links not be where they should be.

I expect WAW (UK) is set up as such for liability purposes. In the event they owe money it's on the company and the company's assets.