Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

On 4/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, ThommoLincs said:

The FlatLiner Chris Mann has had a what I would say is an allegation that he shit on a disabled fans car.

I say I would say it's an allegation, however the dumb fuck admitted it live on Instagram and someone recorded it.

That'll ruin the paintwork :(

Flatliner comes across as one of those blokes who sits in Wetherspoons on a Monday morning having a full breakfast with a pint of Doombar ale then fucks off to the bookies then comes back to sit for the rest of the day drinking more pints of Doombar. The rest of the crew of dregs of society come in and they sit together in their groups. Conversation usually starts with I'm not racist but.... kind of thick cunt mentality.  

27 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Conversation usually starts with I'm not racist but.... kind of thick cunt mentality. 

Then they move on to Brewdog and moan about how none of the Big Issue sellers are British and have foreign accents. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Flatliner has every right to say what he likes. He'll always have my respect for his contributions to the country during the conflict with Germany in 1939.

I soured on him a bit when he shat on Ivar the Boneless' chariot for a laugh during the Great Heathen Army's invasion of Northumbria.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Flatliner comes across as one of those blokes who sits in Wetherspoons on a Monday morning having a full breakfast with a pint of Doombar ale then fucks off to the bookies then comes back to sit for the rest of the day drinking more pints of Doombar. 

A champion?

• 4 weeks later...

I really am so upset and frustrated with the business about this and looking like not much of a care has happened.

It's almost like the promotions look at and see someone so talented with a bright future. They have been identified as a future big name in the industry. Already a lot of hard work and effort has gone in to invest in this individual time in training, outfit, character development, graphic work, gym time including supplements (at good financial cost).

Let's brush it under the carpet that they were an abuser and that they have mentally damaged the victims. Let's not give the victims closure and not have the guilty parties held to account. 

There is zero accountability and there is no precedent set that someone loses that privilege of being a public figure and no longer has part of any events anywhere. They lose everything that comes from it. The name value the celebrity status. The money earned. They lose it all.

It would take us too long to spend that time and effort plus more money to invest in someone else who is totally innocent and not been involved in such acts.

The wrestling business sucks. Morally bankrupt business. 

2 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

I really am so upset and frustrated with the business about this and looking like not much of a care has happened.

It's almost like the promotions look at and see someone so talented with a bright future. They have been identified as a future big name in the industry. Already a lot of hard work and effort has gone in to invest in this individual time in training, outfit, character development, graphic work, gym time including supplements (at good financial cost).

Let's brush it under the carpet that they were an abuser and that they have mentally damaged the victims. Let's not give the victims closure and not have the guilty parties held to account. 

There is zero accountability and there is no precedent set that someone loses that privilege of being a public figure and no longer has part of any events anywhere. They lose everything that comes from it. The name value the celebrity status. The money earned. They lose it all.

It would take us too long to spend that time and effort plus more money to invest in someone else who is totally innocent and not been involved in such acts.

The wrestling business sucks. Morally bankrupt business. 

It's shit isn't it. I don't believe, however, that wrestling is any different to any other industry, especially entertainment. These professions seem to be a magnet for sleazy people especially Hollywood. That said, I was sexuall harassed whilst working in the NHS and was told to be quiet, not make a fuss etc. It was gently hinted my career and rep would be adversely affected. It's rife everywhere it seems. 

Take some comfort that the likes of Joey Ryan has been driven from wrestling. Though it'll always be profit over people. 

5 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

That said, I was sexuall harassed whilst working in the NHS and was told to be quiet, not make a fuss etc. It was gently hinted my career and rep would be adversely affected. It's rife everywhere it seems. 

Similar happened to me whilst working in a local government job. I don't class myself as a victim because I was very fotunate that it didn't effect me whatsoever mentally or physically but I was sexually assaulted by my line manager.

They were very "flirty" and "handsy" with all the younger male employees and I was 20 at the time. I politely told them not to do it to me again because I wasn't comfortable with it and didn't find it appropriate. I was told I was the only one who seemed to have a problem with it and they couldn't believe I was "making such a big deal about it".

Without boring people with mundane details they then went out of their way to pick me up on every single minor discrepancy or issue whilst others who were accepting of their behaviour got away with doing next to nothing daily, turning up late, leaving early and even in her own words doing significantly less work than I was.

I ended up being labelled a "trouble maker" who "didn't get the vibe of how things worked there" and long story short after about 2 months of my 3 month probationary period was told they weren't going to keep me on as I "wasn't a good fit" despite having again been told my work was of a higher standard and quantity than my peers.

I never did took it any further as my now wife worked in the same office and I didn't want her facing any blowback, also as a male victim particularly over a decade ago now I didn't think it would have the same impact or reaction it would have had the same thing happened to a female at the hands of a male supervisor.

The only reason I bring it up is that sadly I agree that it is absolutely rife throughout nearly every sector or society and whats happened with this scandal in wrestling isn't in my opinion so much of a reflection of the wrestling industry but just society as a whole.