Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

3 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

It's totally mental this how at the same time this is going on there is a massive worldwide scandal going on with sexual harassment and people being cunts within the hospitality industry/craft beer scene. 

Mental isn't it? If this carries on people might think that the wrestling scandals and hospitality/craft beer scandals are part of the whole wider #MeToo movement, like the thread title suggests.

1 hour ago, Tamura said:

Mental isn't it? If this carries on people might think that the wrestling scandals and hospitality/craft beer scandals are part of the whole wider #MeToo movement, like the thread title suggests.

You know how bad it is when you are that sucked far in the wrestling bubble and not read any news about the real outside world that this is brought to your attention via a wrestling forum. I call it the Vince McMahon effect. He literally has no idea of the outside world outside of the WWE universe. He relies heavily on others telling him of real life events.

1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

We are about to hit the one year anniversary, do you think it will pass without incident? Or are we in for a storm on social media again?

I think given the year, fans haven’t been able to “Vote with their wallets” as it were. When shows are back up and running, and if abusers get booked, we will see who stays away then. I think that’ll be an indication of the feeling. 

Personally I don’t think anything will change, cunts will book cunts and cunts will still pay and go because they’re cunts and it’s wrestling, and wrestling is full of cunts.