Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Didn’t Darby’s now ex-wife accuse him of things last year too? Not of rape, but certainly being somewhat controlling.

Interesting to see how AEW address this. They sent Jimmy Havoc packing quite sharpish once he left his Rehab facility, but they’ve invested a lot of time & money into Darby.

Not that that should get him a free pass, but if they don’t do anything then they’re just as bad and Carny as Old Man Vince. 
Then again, Justin Roberts got away unscathed, so it’s highly possible they just take Darby off TV for a bit and wait for it to blow over

They've had convicted rapist Mike Tyson appear too. 

44 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

It seems Priscilla Kelly has defended Darby in DMs, however it isn’t entirely clear as the DMs seem to be from a time before Darby was publicly named. It’s all a tad confusing tbh.

It does seem like a lot of people knew exactly who she was originally talking about, I've only just saw some replies from the original tweets and it was all Darby's name going around.

We will just have to wait for the outcome of the investigation. I'm assuming she is going to take action and has evidence of this occurring. In which case throw the book at him. 

I am always in the middle when it comes to taking sides. I'll always err on the side of 'innocent till proven guilty' and the belief the burden of proof is on the accuser. I'm not a fan of trial by twitter. At the same time in no way should anyone abuse her for coming forward. It shows how shitty people are and I sometimes wonder what drives them to defend or damn  people without the full facts. 

I wonder where accused stand if they get accused with little evidence? I know slander and libel laws are alot looser in the US. 

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members

So going by that logic (and treading into dangerous waters), if there is a lack of evidence, does that mean the accused is innocent? There's a reason a very high percentage of these kind of cases ever get as far as a trial, never mind conviction and that's because evidence is very hard to come by or prove.

• Paid Members

Legally, what is he accused of? He’s been mentally abusive, but she states never physical. But she mentions rape, which I know isn’t a black and white term, but is cohesive behaviour to make her feel she has to have sex considered rape in the eyes of the law? I honestly don’t know enough on what is considered it or not.  

Clearly he’s been an absolute dickhead though, and will be interesting to see if any action is taken

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Legally, what is he accused of? He’s been mentally abusive, but she states never physical. But she mentions rape, which I know isn’t a black and white term, but is cohesive behaviour to make her feel she has to have sex considered rape in the eyes of the law? I honestly don’t know enough on what is considered it or not.  

I find this confusing too, someone like @Keith Houchenmight help on the "rape" part.

Absolute full disclosure, I really like Darby and think it would be a real shame if he did get himself into trouble through his actions.

However, regardless of who it is, I'm not quite sure where the line is for his employer getting involved. There are plenty of horrible things in relationships that people tolerate through love, need or fear. Some are clearly illegal. Some are morally wrong. Some are just not nice. The first is obviously actionable, the latter not really. The middle is arguable.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I find this confusing too, someone like @Keith Houchenmight help on the "rape" part.

Absolute full disclosure, I really like Darby and think it would be a real shame if he did get himself into trouble through his actions.

However, regardless of who it is, I'm not quite sure where the line is for his employer getting involved. There are plenty of horrible things in relationships that people tolerate through love, need or fear. Some are clearly illegal. Some are morally wrong. Some are just not nice. The first is obviously actionable, the latter not really. The middle is arguable.

An abusive relationship is an abusive relationship, whether it's physical or psychological. His employer has a moral obligation to fire him if such accusations are proven. If they are true, and AEW choose to do nothing, then perhaps all those that rightly dumped their WWE Network subscriptions would consider not viewing AEW anymore, by a similar token.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

An abusive relationship is an abusive relationship, whether it's physical or psychological. His employer has a moral obligation to fire him if such accusations are proven. If they are true, and AEW choose to do nothing, then perhaps all those that rightly dumped their WWE Network subscriptions would consider not viewing AEW anymore, by a similar token.

Does he have the same right to do so historically? This was some time ago, before AEW was even a concept. Bit like the Gage/Booker T/MVP arguments about the criminal records before their employment. 

Also, the violent sexual abuse of Ashley Massaro was very much under the WWE’s watch. 

If the complainant feels they were coerced into intercourse by threats or mental abuse, it’s rape. 

To use football as an example again, there are many players who signed for clubs after they’d been charged and tried for various offences. It didn’t happen on their new clubs watch as it were, but they knew about it and signed them regardless. Garbage behaviour (my club signed Marlon King for example)

If something historical comes out, a club usually releases a statement saying an investigation is ongoing and then waits for the outcome. If they’re convicted of something like rape, they’ll sever ties. 

At the least, AEW should acknowledge the situation. Because wrestling is ran by cunts I don’t expect Allin to receive any kind of discipline unless he goes down for rape, and even then it’ll be a mealy mouthed response.