Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

I'm intrigued by this so called Safeguarding expert given that Safeguarding has a statutory definition and responsibilities that fall on the shoulders of health and/or social care authorities. It isn't something taken lightly, especially if someone dies or gets injured after Safeguarding has concluded. Huge potential for prosecution if it all goes wrong. 

Also how old is this woman? Safeguarding ONLY apply to people who are in need of health or social care support and can't defend themselves. Or children obviously. These companies really need to look at the legals around this, its an absolute minefield. It's why there are teams of highly skilled professionals that do the things as teams. 

I'm unsure who asked for it but her business should be her own. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm intrigued by this so called Safeguarding expert given that Safeguarding has a statutory definition and responsibilities that fall on the shoulders of health and/or social care authorities. It isn't something taken lightly, especially if someone dies or gets injured after Safeguarding has concluded. Huge potential for prosecution if it all goes wrong. 

Also how old is this woman? Safeguarding ONLY apply to people who are in need of health or social care support and can't defend themselves. Or children obviously. These companies really need to look at the legals around this, its an absolute minefield. It's why there are teams of highly skilled professionals that do the things as teams. 

I know it's difficult when you have to go to the effort of actually typing out an address but the link was right there.... 

https://www.thesafeguardingconsultant.co.uk/gill-sommers

Edited by Gordon_The_Gopher

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

It still doesn't mean she can independently undertake investigations. But what do i know? It's just my profession... 

Cool and all that but you said you wanted to know about her. The link (below the one I put) in the tweet also says about contacting her. Maybe you could reach out and find out for the rest of us? Then, if you're not satisfied, you could give her some hints and tips? It is just your profession...

I'm not all that up for spoon feeding other professionals. I just point out that I hope she has some major liability insurance. It's an extremely unusual situation if she does indeed carryout investigations. Raised an eyebrow w me as the legal risks are immense. 

As for the young lady, I'd personally allow her to make unwise decisions if she has capacity to choose. Seems that the gatekeepers of what's deemed right, thought she is too fragile to have an adult relationship. I'll be interested to see more details. Though the post is so vague I wonder why she put it out there to begin with. If the profession is doing as she says it's rather disgraceful. But there are always two sides

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

She's a consultant. None of what she does is legally binding, she offers guidence. Why would she be prosecuted? 

I'm not going to mention names because of any legal procedures Candy may be taking but it's somebody who has been featured in much of the press coverage and has seen her social media followers rocket and it's pretty clear she is enjoying the new fame.

If you look at the Quoted Retweets of that post it's also pretty obvious everyone is referring to this young girls actions in what they say.

SO was a very important milestone for British Wrestling, voices needed to be heard but unfortuanly like in any situation like this, people see it as an opportunity for personal gain.

sidestepping, mad that both bravis tanks and savid dtarr pop up within 24 hours of each other😐

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, theringmaster said:

I'm not going to mention names because of any legal procedures Candy may be taking but it's somebody who has been featured in much of the press coverage and has seen her social media followers rocket and it's pretty clear she is enjoying the new fame.

If you look at the Quoted Retweets of that post it's also pretty obvious everyone is referring to this young girls actions in what they say.

SO was a very important milestone for British Wrestling, voices needed to be heard but unfortuanly like in any situation like this, people see it as an opportunity for personal gain.

sidestepping, mad that both bravis tanks and savid dtarr pop up within 24 hours of each other😐

Personal gain? It’s British Wrestling. She’d be lucky to get an armband.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I have no idea who this Candy Floss is never mind who's been causing problems 

I bet Knives Out 2 is less of a mystery than theringmaster's posts.