Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The report has made it onto The Guardian website, though the focus is more on the classification of wrestling than Speaking Out in itself.

Yeah, that's what's made headlines across most outlets, which isn't particularly helpful. Though the scope of the report is much bigger than Speaking Out, and I think the "classed as a sport for training but not for shows" recommendation is solid.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, that's what's made headlines across most outlets, which isn't particularly helpful. Though the scope of the report is much bigger than Speaking Out, and I think the "classed as a sport for training but not for shows" recommendation is solid.

Yeah, I've nothing against that classification at all, it's maybe one of the best ways of explaining what makes wrestling "sports entertainment".

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Yeah, I've nothing against that classification at all, it's maybe one of the best ways of explaining what makes wrestling "sports entertainment".

I was really disappointed to see British Wrestling - the governing body for amateur wrestling - immediately issue a statement rejecting it out of hand, based purely on a very woolly definition of sport (under which barely any training, martial arts, or a great number of youth programmes would qualify as "sport" either) rather than taking it on its merits.

If training schools were classed as sport, that would provide safeguarding and protections that aren't currently in place, would potentially allow schools to seek funding and government support, and perhaps most importantly would mean that they were registered - which would, in turn, have the effect of making any unregistered training schools inherently less reputable, so people would be better positioned to make informed decisions.

Pete Dunne tweeted earlier that as a result of the Pandemic and the Speak Out movement that Attack! Pro Wrestling won’t be returning. Been to many great Attack! Shows over the years so it’s disappointing but very understandable given the number of people that were used in Attack! That were named in the Speak Out movement. You’d hope if British indies continue that there’ll be some sort of vetting system going forward. 

58 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

The FlatLiner Chris Mann has had a what I would say is an allegation that he shit on a disabled fans car.

I say I would say it's an allegation, however the dumb fuck admitted it live on Instagram and someone recorded it.

Didn't this guy post on here? Very apt.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Didn't this guy post on here? Very apt.

Flatliner? I think Moo had a carrier pigeon fly to his house once with a note attached to its foot intended to put it on here, but that's about it. I imagine Flatliner's still trying to figure out how to get Channel 5 tuned in.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay