Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

44 minutes ago, Nick James said:

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1205833-joey-ryan-suing-impact-wrestling-breach-of-contract

Joey Ryan suing Impact Wrestling for $10 million due to breach of contract. What an absolute piece of shit this guy is.

I'd love to know how exactly he thinks they breached his contract.

"The lawsuit also includes a copy of his 23-page contract, which Ryan claims the language in the contract allows him to receive written notice of breach of contract and a five day “cure period” to work out any issues. If nothing could be worked out to alleviate the breach, then he and IMPACT would have a period of 30 days to resolve the matter together, and after that, IMPACT would then be able to terminate the deal if they had been unable to resolve all matters."

It's all about how the contract is laid out, and how the detailed procedure wasn't followed. Does he have a case? Perhaps? 

Edited by iPumaPants

• Paid Members

He had a clause saying that he couldn't be fired for anything he'd done before the contract was signed? That seems really dodgy. Who on earth asks for something like that?

Doubt it'll get to court. Pretty sure he's just hoping that they'll give him some money so he'll go away. 

4 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

So if he breaches the contract, they have to notify him in writing, and then they have five days to try and unbreach it, and if they can't, they then have a further 30 days to try and unbreach it?

Notice period and then grace period to try to work out the issues, yeah. It could be a basic part of Impact contracts, who knows? I guess it comes down to whether or not Impact have the right to terminate based on how much employing Joey Ryan for any period of time would damage their reputation? Or is that contract wording pretty much iron clad? I'm not the most educated in contract law.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

Notice period and then grace period to try to work out the issues, yeah. It could be a basic part of Impact contracts, who knows? I guess it comes down to whether or not Impact have the right to terminate based on how much employing Joey Ryan for any period of time would damage their reputation? Or is that contract wording pretty much iron clad? I'm not the most educated in contract law.

Most contracts will have a gross misconduct term which allows instant termination for a serious breach or crime. I think he's just a chancer

• Paid Members

I can understand a "you have X number of days to appeal the decision" clause, but to have a clause where the company has X number of days to resolve his breach, and then a further X days to try and resolve it if the first attempt showed that he had breached his contract just sounds like lunacy.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Most contracts will have a gross misconduct term which allows instant termination for a serious breach or crime. I think he's just a chancer

He’s definitely a chancer.

It’s a bit like Lesnar’s five year no-compete when he left WWE, or their death clause for that matter. You can put whatever you like in a contract but it doesn’t mean it’ll hold up in a court of law.

Regardless of what his contract says, there’s no way Impact could be expected to keep employing a guy accused of multiple sex offences, especially when his on-screen character was essentially a comedic sex offender as well. How could they ever use him again?

Besides if they hadn’t sacked him immediately, they’d have been seen as supporting him, and that could’ve killed them.

He’s just looking for a pay off. The only way it’s happening is if Impact want to avoid the negative publicity of a lawsuit. He’s getting fuck all otherwise.

5 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

He’s definitely a chancer.

It’s a bit like Lesnar’s five year no-compete when he left WWE, or their death clause for that matter. You can put whatever you like in a contract but it doesn’t mean it’ll hold up in a court of law.

Regardless of what his contract says, there’s no way Impact could be expected to keep employing a guy accused of multiple sex offences, especially when his on-screen character was essentially a comedic sex offender as well. How could they ever use him again?

Besides if they hadn’t sacked him immediately, they’d have been seen as supporting him, and that could’ve killed them.

He’s just looking for a pay off. The only way it’s happening is if Impact want to avoid the negative publicity of a lawsuit. He’s getting fuck all otherwise.

Oh no. The irony is even better than that.

His latest gimmick before being let go was being in a stable called "Cancel Culture." He was reformed and out to cancel those who were offensive. I mean, how much more inappropriate can you get? His gimmick was LITERALLY being a massive hypocrite. 

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

It’s unlikely it’ll be managed by Impact, Anthems legal department will pick this up. And given he has no fan base to make noise, they ain’t gonna settle as no ones gonna give good press to him given his current status