Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

A few simple questions, @forlan;

1. Do you believe the allegations made against Mike? If not, why do you think he has (at length) acknowledged and apologised for them, and voluntarily stepped down from CHIKARA as a result of them?

2. If you believe them, why are you intent on defending him regardless, seemingly to a greater extent to which he has defended himself?

3. If you agree that the other points you have mentioned - sexist language, objectification of women, a lack of duty of care at wrestling schools, etc - are unacceptable in those cases, as I assume you must in order to have raised them, why are you so quick to handwave similar allegations when directed at Mike?

5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

A few simple questions, @forlan;

1. Do you believe the allegations made against Mike? If not, why do you think he has (at length) acknowledged and apologised for them, and voluntarily stepped down from CHIKARA as a result of them?

2. If you believe them, why are you intent on defending him regardless, seemingly to a greater extent to which he has defended himself?

3. If you agree that the other points you have mentioned - sexist language, objectification of women, a lack of duty of care at wrestling schools, etc - are unacceptable in those cases, as I assume you must in order to have raised them, why are you so quick to handwave similar allegations when directed at Mike?

In a sense of mike did have a well publicised affair with someone he had trained then I believe it..i also believe and he has owned up to the black balling and the use if wrong words in the past.  He has also apologised and grown a lot from that and since then as a lot of the chikara roster will testify to.

Chikara has been through a lot in recent times that being associated with them was toxic so it had to be done to be honest.. there was rory gulak.. juan coronado..kobold..icarus and more over the last short while so the company was in a bad way.  At the end of the day Mike is in charge so would shoulder some of the blame by proxy as that is the type of guy he is.

Chikara by all accounts was two or three more years from closing anyways as Mike plans to go to wwe to be trainer and the whole story that was written was coming to an end regarding chikara. 

I am more defending against those who are watching the video and making conclusions about him based on either his disability which is wrong or his editing to make him look more upset etc when he did not even edit it himself.. you can see in the video how he he is when he talks about what happened to turtle.

Mike.. along with others could and should have done more but Mike is not the only head trainer and does not do all the seminars so he should not get the blame solely. 

My main grope is for every genuine case there are people also going on a witch hunt about smaller things.. for example twitter and the way they had a go at tyler bate when unless I missed something the story was he hit on someone in a bar..if that is not allowed how are people going to meet in the future. 

Mike has done a lot of things wrong but a lot of them were a long time ago..is he a control freak due to his ocd and narcissistic tendencies and is he someone who takes himself seriously.. of course.  You only have to read the emails he sent out to the talent after King of trios that got leaked to know that but I still feel when he tries to put out a heartfelt video it is not in for people to judge him in the way they have.. people comparing him to Bundy and calling him a sociopath for example.  These type of comments and twitter bullying make those who are trying ymto make a stand just look like bullies themselves. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Say you're right. Say that everyone on here is a complete arsehole. That we're not tolerant. That we hate women. That we say horrendous things and do horrendous things and whatever else.

Say we're the scum of the Earth. The lowest of the low.

Imagine all of that. Imagine we're all absolute fucking filth.

It still doesn't change a thing about your man does it? It doesn't change what he's done or how he's reacted to it or anything like that.

In short: stop trying to find fucking loopholes. Stop trying to throw the blame somewhere else. Stop trying to twist peoples words or catch them out or whatever else you're trying to fucking do to avoid facing the facts. It's not going to work.

Isn't this Rentons speech when Tommy tries to get them to walk up that mountain?

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Conversion to NXT-Europe I bet. Dressed up as an expansion rather than the fact NXT-UK without a third of the talent it had isn’t viable.

that could be a good shout, someone said on twitter today that they have contracts with bt sport and whatnot so it's not as easy as just disbanding the brand

Saying that “Chikara has been through a lot” and then naming 4 severe sexual abusers who worked and trained there for years as though they aren’t a huge part of it is insane.

Chikara isn’t a person, it’s an organisation that these cunts were a huge part of, they harmed innocent people, they WERE Chikara.

And I say that as someone who has been a fan of theirs. I think Quackenbush was an amazing wrestler with a near genius mind for it, but who really gives a fuck about that right now?