Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

If you watch any of the other video on the same channel they are done in exactly the same way so its not like it was done kind of plot.

Also if Mike had just released a statement not properly addressing everything the way he could on the video he would get shit on anyway..

Also what Mike has done is nothing compared to others.. sure he might come across as a bit narcissistic or a dick which he will admit himself however he personally has done nothing on the level of the others. 

People need to stop this whole Internet guilty until proven innocent shit..people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones is all I'm saying

43 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That's always the worst defence possible "Well that bloke assaulted her 100 times and I only did it 50!"

That's about as shit as his statement.

However he assaulted nobody

There is no evidence he abused his position in any way. 

He entered into a well publicised relationship with a trainee who everyone knows which lead to the breakup of his marriage.  This was not taking advantage just in the same way as if a girl starts dating her boss in the office. 

The witch hunts about trivial matters need to stop or they will dilute the incidents which need more attention where people have actually been abused etc. 

Personally quack has owned up to racial homophobic and misogynistic slurs however that was a long time ago and he has grown from that. 

Despite leaving the Company there is still a groundswell of support for him from former talent which shows a lot

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, forlan said:

He entered into a well publicised relationship with a trainee who everyone knows which lead to the breakup of his marriage.  This was not taking advantage just in the same way as if a girl starts dating her boss in the office. 

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, but at around the 6 minute mark in that video, Mike says that he's never been in "that kind of relationship with a trainee".

If it's "well publicised" and "everyone knows" that he did, then you've just proven that Mike is being disingenuous. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, forlan said:

there is still a groundswell of support for him from former talent which shows a lot

This doesn't really mean much when part of the allegation is that as the boss he fostered an shitty work environment. Of course the people who were complicit and whom he enabled would support him... 🙄

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Within the video he states he has been in relationships with people in the company.. that is what i was referring to.. the actual relationship was after he trained her

Also it is worth noting by speaking the way you are about quack even though he speaks that way due to essentially a disability (also many believe he us at least partly autistic which explains some of his behaviour) shows you as being just as bad because you are being ableist and judging someone based on their disability

Edited by forlan

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, but at around the 6 minute mark in that video, Mike says that he's never been in "that kind of relationship with a trainee".

Someone else pointed this out, but the initial allegation said he'd been in a relationship with a student, and Mike said he'd never been in a relationship with a trainee, and it feels like he's made a moral distinction there to justify it to himself - that there's a finite point where someone ceases to be a trainee, but you never really stop being someone's student. 

I have retracted my harsher criticisms of the video based on the editing after speaking to the guy who edited it, and to other friends at CHIKARA. I still think it's emotionally manipulative, but perhaps not as cynically, consciously so as I had thought. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, forlan said:

Within the video he states he has been in relationships with people in the company.. that is what i was referring to.. the actual relationship was after he trained her

Also it is worth noting by speaking the way you are about quack even though he speaks that way due to essentially a disability (also many believe he us at least partly autistic which explains some of his behaviour) shows you as being just as bad because you are being ableist and judging someone based on their disability

Fuck, and I can't emphasise this strongly enough, off.

26 minutes ago, forlan said:

Bad comparison. Like. Terrible. 

Like if the boss of a company left his wife for a young girl at the office, that would make him a shit.

• Paid Members

Mike has OCD, and had speech therapy to get over being largely non-verbal and having a speech impediment when he was younger - I can confirm that he talks like that all the time. Neither of those conditions lead you to be an abusive, manipulative boss, or to foster a culture that at best allows abuse through neglect, and at worst fosters abuse and covers it up.

I've stood up for Mike against criticism in the past, and have looked up to him more than he ever deserved from me. But there comes a point when you hear him use the "I was a different person then, I've got better" excuse ten years after the first time you heard it from him, that you start to question how much he has changed, and that point is around the time when people far closer to him and to the situation than myself, who have worked alongside Mike for close to 20 years in some cases, step away and can't in good conscience work with him any longer.