Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

I've just read on twitter one of the women that spoke out about Trent seven has deleted her previous posts about him and put a post up saying sorry if it caused him any halm and anyone with questions contact his lawyer.....the stuff about Trent was pretty serious too 

11 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I've just read on twitter one of the women that spoke out about Trent seven has deleted her previous posts about him and put a post up saying sorry if it caused him any halm and anyone with questions contact his lawyer.....the stuff about Trent was pretty serious too 

The “Apparently” looks like his lawyers are applying strong arm tactics to silence her there. 

11 minutes ago, AVM said:

One other thing that I think is fundamentally nuts - it’s not a legal requirement to have a trained paramedic on hand at a wrestling show. 

It speaks to the massive hole in regulation of the industry that this is the case. I always thought that if I got injured would I have to wait an hour for an ambulance?! The business iis full of people who shouldn't be in it. If you can't keep the doors open having paid for St John's to be there then get out of the business. 

On a side note it sounds like Trent's legal team are taking a hard line about this. The lady involved above soon back tracked when faced w a legal letter. She said sorry that it APPARENTLY caused distress and professional issues. No shit. Wasn't that the intention as much as outing him as a sordid human? 

I'm not sure what to make it this. 

Edited by Michael_3165

Just now, Kfogg1991 said:

Mate absolutely, its amazing what you can get shut down with the right lawyers behind you

The threat of legal action usually does the trick, that’s the route a lot of people take who have the money, they don’t go the police about it for some reason. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, AVM said:

One other thing that I think is fundamentally nuts - it’s not a legal requirement to have a trained paramedic on hand at a wrestling show. 

It's less than a year since Silver King died in Camden and there wasn't proper medical aid on site.

Edited by Chris B

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

The threat of legal action usually does the trick, that’s the route a lot of people take who have the money, they don’t go the police about it for some reason. 

I mean why go to the police when you can strongarm your way through it and get it "erased" from people's memories. 

I'll be honest the stories about trent and jimmy havoc are ones that really bummed me out as i liked both wrestlers 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

You can't make accusations about people w no proof. There are laws against that for a good reason. Not saying he did or didn't do what she accused him of but the laws are there because of situations that aren't always erm... In good faith. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

You can't make accusations about people w no proof. There are laws against that for a good reason. Not saying he did or didn't do what she accused him of but the laws are there because of situations that aren't always erm... In good faith. 

What proof are you looking for in situations like that? How do you prove it?

5 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

What proof of a rape would you take along to the police station then?

This point exactly, You can't prove a sexual assault. when it happened to me when i was 23 it was my word against the guy that did it and because i was so upset and angry i was the one that got arrested and nothing happened towards him....... it is not a crime that has a trail of evidence and stuff for the victim to be able to use to get justice 

If they know what evidence she has, they can plan their defence / character assassination. I’d love to see the meeting though

Show is the proof or we will sue you

Sure, here’s the proof

Fair enough. Oh, don’t go to the police please. 

suspect they will have asked her to provide proof or face a defamation suit. Which in fairness I'd do if I was accused 

How would you pay for it?

Edited by Keith Houchen

31 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

What proof of a rape would you take along to the police station then?

That's the point. Immediate reporting and forensic testing is the only proof much of the time. Waiting decreases conviction chances sadly. 

The problem I have is if we assume people are guilty as a starting position. How can someone prove they didn't do it? 

My friend has been accused (can't go into details).  With absolutely no evidence his name gets dragged through the mud. How is that OK? I believe him as it goes, I just can't see it at all. With one accusation his whole career can be finished and everything that goes along w that.