Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, The Four Horsemen said:

Surely it would have the same kind of ruling that you for example worked as a freelance for major company, you have to abide by their rules and contract after all they are representative of that particular company. 

Yes, but what’s that got to do with tax and NI contributions? I’ve contracted for large name clients as part of my “day” job. I invoiced them, they paid me, and I then have to declare my earnings, pay tax and NI contributions. But that’s the same if I contracted for a multinational or a small local design agency.

• Paid Members

This isn't the thread for an in depth discussion of PAYE, NI, and tax law. Take it somewhere else. 

26 minutes ago, air_raid said:

So, doing the next UKFF50 is going to be fun.

Who says there will be 50 wrestlers left?

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

That 40 minute promo from Knightmare was a nightmare to watch. What the fuck is he banging on about all their wrestling credentials for?!

Well and truly in a wrestling bubble. Like that Paige interview with Austin, just crazy levels.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

They are very legit and to be honest, I wish every wrestling “Company” handled their business affairs like WAW. The shithouses would soon disappear. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11079587

If they are the benchmark for others to aspire too things are worse than I thought. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This isn't the thread for an in depth discussion of PAYE, NI, and tax law. Take it somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Take this fascinating tax debate somewhere else ffs.

Lot more interesting than all the kfogg posts I just scrolled past though

Keith,any business can register at Companies House. It doesn't make it a good company. There are some really dodgy companies on the register run by people who ought to be banned from running a company. It makes the company legal but doesn't always mean their business practices are legit. 

2 minutes ago, asa said:

Keith,any business can register at Companies House. It doesn't make it a good company. There are some really dodgy companies on the register run by people who ought to be banned from running a company. It makes the company legal but doesn't always mean their business practices are legit. 

It's still a step above the "Owner" of QWERTY Wrestling, and also...

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

About as realistic as starting a separate thread.

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It's still a step above the "Owner" of QWERTY Wrestling, and also...

Not by much. By those standards it would be like trying to decide whether Kate McCann was a better mum than Karen Matthews. On paper she'd seem to be...

• Paid Members

Mike Quackenbush always gave me the impression that he was the good, wholesome face of wrestling.  Child friendly even.  Mind you, we thought the same of Rolf Harris....

• Moderators

Please take note of the "How does Wrestling Move On?" Thread, and use your best judgement to place your post in the right thread. I think we can see from the size of the this thread in the short amount of time that it has been since this story broke we need to split some of the discussion up a bit - I appreciate there is some overlap though.

Edited by Chest Rockwell