Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, forlan said:

Within the video he states he has been in relationships with people in the company.. that is what i was referring to.. the actual relationship was after he trained her

Ah right. So when you said that he cheated on his wife with a trainee, you actually meant that he cheated on his wife with someone that wasn't a trainee.

Yeah, silly me for getting that wrong.

19 minutes ago, forlan said:

Also it is worth noting by speaking the way you are about quack evenĀ though he speaks that way due to essentially a disability (also many believe he us at least partly autistic which explains some of his behaviour) shows you as being just as bad because you are being ableist and judging someone based on their disability

Just as bad? But I thought he didn't do anything wrong?

There are a lot of double standards around too. Lince dorado speaking against quack yet doing guest trainer spots at team vision dojo ran by chasyn rance who has done much worse things things and been convicted for them with underage girls.Ā 

Ā 

Same goes for aew and their association with that dojo ran by rance.. more people need to soeak up about him

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, forlan said:

also many believe he us at least partly autistic

Whilst I cannot answer this quite as succinctly as Devon did can I say how incredibly insulting your use of possible undiagnosed autism is to the people here who have autistic family.Ā 

Now that is an ill advised video, however you wish to try and spin it. Also the semantics of she was a trainee but when he had a relationship with her she was no longer a trainee is bullshit. He trained her, he had a relationship with her.Ā 

3 minutes ago, forlan said:

There are a lot of double standards around too. Lince dorado speaking against quack yet doing guest trainer spots at team vision dojo ran by chasyn rance who has done much worse things things and been convicted for them with underage girls.Ā 

Ā 

Same goes for aew and their association with that dojo ran by rance.. more people need to soeak up about him

Stop trying to deflect from Quack because you are talking bullshit and need to change the subject. Now isn't the time for whataboutism.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Whilst I cannot answer this quite as succinctly as Devon did can I say how incredibly insulting your use of possible undiagnosed autism is to the people here who have autistic family.Ā 

Now that is an ill advised video, however you wish to try and spin it. Also the semantics of she was a trainee but when he had a relationship with her she was no longer a trainee is bullshit. He trained her, he had a relationship with her.Ā 

Stop trying to deflect from Quack because you are talking bullshit and need to change the subject. Now isn't the time for whataboutism.Ā 

So its deflecting from quack and not relevant that with all the scumbags around people are still letting a convicted pedophile run a dojo? Odd thoughts there like

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, forlan said:

So its deflecting from quack and not relevant that with all the scumbags around people are still letting a convicted pedophile run a dojo? Odd thoughts there like

I think you've made your point. You've got some nerve accusing people of ableism when you yourself in the very same post pulled out the classic 'maybe they're autistic!' defence. Maybe you should just go back to another 13 year posting sabbatical and stop derailing this topic.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, forlan said:

Are the people in this thread responsible for letting paedophiles run a dojo? No. So it's irrelevant. I'm not convinced you really know how to put two thoughts together, and you don't seem to understand what he did wrong, so I assume you probably work in the industry based on the other responses we've seen to the allegations.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, forlan said:

This thread has covered a wide range of the assorted nonces, scumbags, and rapists that have been outed. You are the only person in this thread who posts on here for the first time in over 10 years to defend one of the scumbags. You are the only person who when called on their specious defense then tries to "Whatabout" their way out of it because they are clearly talking bollocks. The best thing you could do is stop trying to defend anyone.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, forlan said:

if Mike had just released a statement not properly addressing everything the way he could on the video he would get shit on anyway..

Itā€™s almost as if it would have been better not to say anything. AdviceĀ you could probably do with heeding.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, forlan said:

Ā 

I've no idea who Rance is, or what he's done.

However, you seem very aware, and instead of using this opportunity to speak up against him, you're defending Quack.

Double standards indeed.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
Spelling

Whataboutery doesn't work on this. Each case demands accountability.Ā 

Anyone referring to a hierarchy of sexual assault and bullying is missing the point on the #speakingoutĀ movement - its about eliminating the toxicity within its cultureĀ and aligning wrestling into the standards of the outside world, whilst resolving each case on its own merits.Ā I'm a little bit surprised that this needs explaining, but nothing shocks me anymore.

Edited by AVM