Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

15 minutes ago, danlewis said:

Saying that “Chikara has been through a lot” and then naming 4 severe sexual abusers who worked and trained there for years as though they aren’t a huge part of it is insane.

Chikara isn’t a person, it’s an organisation that these cunts were a huge part of, they harmed innocent people, they WERE Chikara.

Great to see you could not even read the full sentence or paragraph..i said they had been through a lot which made the company toxic so it had to close really. 

In  no way was it an attempt to downplay what those people did

Edited by forlan

• Paid Members

I first heard Mike use the "I was worse back then, I have got better" excuse more than ten years ago, so I'm not particularly won over by it in 2020, particularly when, if I remember correctly, he said that several of the allegations stemmed from someone who trained at the Wrestle Factory between 2016 and 2019, so we're not exactly talking about ancient history, or the youthful mistakes of a twenty-something, we're talking about the very recent past, and a man in his forties.

Edited by BomberPat

28 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Without a third of the talent?

An exaggeration but Ligero, Banks, Joe Coffey (I think that’s the Coffey), Wolfgang, Devlin all accused. Possibly more than that. That’s a fair chunk of the roster - furthermore, the UK is quite a narrow catch moment. I can see them widening the net and running shows across the continent.

That all said, I did hear a rumour a while back that they were exploring using the BT Studio for tapings, sort of using their PR launch as a test, so it could be the reverse.

Edited by AVM

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, forlan said:

So here's one for you.. browsing the forum I saw a link to an old thread about kip James and was appalled at the lack of respect shown to women by people who i see are also posting in this thread.  Talking about women as objects.. being sexist.. being misogynistic and sexist among other things.. maybe these people should come out and apologise for their attitudes to women in the past.

If it cannot be accepted that people said or did things in a certain way in the past and change ala Mike about the homophobic slur for example on this forum then how can people try to say they have different views themselves now and have grown?

Or are some people (not all) playing the moral crusader to try and look woke

I can certainly link the thread here if people want to live on their past glories?

Piss off. Your deflection tactics are absolutey abhorrent.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Have charges been brought formally against any names mentioned ?

I'm guessing not. Once there are arrests/charges discussion will have to stop like it has in other threads. 

That day cannot come soon enough. 

• Paid Members

This idea that Quackenbush had no responsibility for the video editing is silly. He approved it and uploaded it. It's his personal representation of what he wanted to say.  Acting like he had no say over it, as "he did not even edit it himself" is some pretty weak sauce. 

1 hour ago, forlan said:

Great to see you could not even read the full sentence or paragraph..i said they had been through a lot which made the company toxic so it had to close really. 

In  no way was it an attempt to downplay what those people did

You need to be brighter than you are to patronise properly.

I read it and understood it. What I was saying is that Chikara hasn’t been through anything. The people that people high up in the organisation molested, raped and abused have been through things.

5 minutes ago, danlewis said:

You need to be brighter than you are to patronise properly.

I read it and understood it. What I was saying is that Chikara hasn’t been through anything. The people that people high up in the organisation molested, raped and abused have been through things.

However as a company reputation wise it has hurt Chikara it is possible for that sort of thing to hurt more than just the victims..it hurt Company reputation which contributed to the closure.  I was not quantifying it as more important only stating the fact mate.  

If you do not grasp that maybe your the bulb shining a little less bright and need to be brightened up a bit mate

Who gives a fuck about a company or it's reputation when there are actual, real life victims out there? 

If every single wrestling company in the world has to close due to this then so be it. The actual people who have been harmed during this whether it's abuse, gaslighting or someone being a dick like Quack are the most important thing here. 

Also if you're going to accuse someone of their bulb not shining brightly then maybe check that you're using the right 'your' first. 

3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm guilty of it. It's pretty embarrassing in hindsight. 

I’ve been following this thread since it’s start and I feel compelled to say that I too was guilty of obnoxious and offensive behaviour on this forum a long time ago (I think it’s been at least 10 years now since I last had an account here).

I believe that I’ve changed over the course of the decade, and I’ve no doubt there’s others here who would say the same about themselves. I’m not the immature shitposter I was in my mid-to-late 20s; I’ve dealt with my mental health issues in a more constructive way, I got out of a marriage where I suffered psychological and physical abuse in late-2010, I spend my free time in creative and productive pursuits, and I co-raise my two children as a single father along with my mother. I was also diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome/High Functioning Autism in recent years which, while doesn’t excuse any behaviours I exhibited in my life, at least gives me an opportunity now to seek help, advice and prompts me to think about why I am the way I am.

I look at all the brave statements in the #SpeakingOut threads on Twitter and my heart goes out to them all. Even if some of the accusations turn out to be false or baseless or without important information, as someone said early on in this thread, I’d rather believe a liar than not believe someone who it turns out was telling the truth about any harassment or abuse they received.

I ask myself would I have felt such sympathy for these victims 10, 15 years ago? I honestly think I would, BUT knowing how I played off having a “UKFF persona” back then I would more than likely made jokes about one or two of the allegations. It’s that sort of thing, plus me winding the mods up, that made sure all my accounts here were suspended before too long, and I kind of revelled in that for a long time as deep down I was generally a very unhappy person in my real life.

I think we’re all capable of change to varying degrees, and I’m not going to claim I’m perfect, far from it, I still have a macabre sense of humour and I often speak too quickly without thinking the statement through properly, but I do believe I’ve made big improvements in my life that enable me to adapt to the changing standards our society has in 2020. 

I’m with each and every one who is Speaking Out, and also with all those who haven’t got the confidence to go public with what they’ve had to go through within the wrestling industry. You’re all brave and I wish you closure and unprecedented changes to the business so that wrestling being a bigoted, misogynistic, abusive boys club ends as soon as possible.