Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

There's been some tweets going around that apparently that the parents of El Ligero have been telling his former fiancĆ© to be quiet about their son. Ex fiancĆ© new boyfriend taking exception to it cue more negative tweets about Ligero.Ā 

10 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

The company confirmedĀ that referees Joel Allen ... were releasedĀ 

Aww, maybe we should all list our favourite wrestling memories to help cheer him up?

I cant get over the fact that these idiots likely spent their entire lives dreaming of being involved in the wrestling business only to totally botch it by being massive pervs.

I see NJPW foolishly thought now would be a good time to start an #AskZSJ hashtag on twitter. You can probably imagine what the questions are like.

2 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I know very little of El Ligero and I'm not much of a Twitter user, but having just seen the sort of things he's tweeting, he would certainly seemĀ to fall into the "doesn't know when to leave things alone" category.

I highly doubt that the new 'El Ligero' account is actually him.

• Paid Members

This is on the "El Ligero" Twitter. Who was he talking about?

"Remember when some 13yr old on the UKFF said I was texting his GF & I used my ā€˜movesetsarecoolā€™ account to completely discredit him and turn the forum against him? I was though."

Edited by FelatioLips

4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

WWE also said "OR" if they have sufficient evidence. Such as filming yourself asking a fan to bring their "slutty friends" for a "hot wet lay".Ā 

In other words and arrest is auto suspension / firing, but WWE still have a right to kick you out if there is video / photos of you being a dingus.

Makes enough sense. I didn't see much about Chris Roberts. I assume it was allegations that he admitted to?Ā 

5 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Makes enough sense. I didn't see much about Chris Roberts. I assume it was allegations that he admitted to?Ā 

He can't deny one of those allegations, he spent 14 years spreading the story himself to anybody who'd listen and a number of people who didn't want to listen.Ā  If he only loses his job, he got off light.Ā  If the accuser has a legal case, she should work with the police.

Had the global Coronavirus pandemic not occurred it would be interesting to see how this would have played out this month. You had WWE NXT:UK running in Glasgow at Braehead Arena the same weekend as ICW was to run Shugs House Party at the O2 Academy. I'm guessing the landscape of that weekend would be pretty different from the speaking out movement.Ā 

Would there be fans snubbing ICW? Would the promotion take a serious stance and not be shying away from everything. How would WWE be handling this with having a relationship with ICW? Would Uncle Paul be walking away from it?Ā 

Ā