Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Presumably the government getting involved means they're looking to see whether anybody involved in wrestling is or wants to be a Tory backer, and what they can do to make a quick buck off the back of it. 

• Members
9 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

So BWC had a massive uphill battle as nothing was in place. There were too many non arm-banded wrestlers, too many promotions who will use who they want, and too many schools not willing to pay money for the privilege of the armbands. 

This was the reason why it never had a hope of working. You've got Alex Shane, who was hated by a lot of people trying to tell loads of veterans, and full timers that they needed his black wristband to say they were graded enough to work on shows, and promoters who booked these guys would have to firstly buy in to all that shit, and then have to commit to not using the guys that refuse to adhere to the wristband nonsense. 

It tried to be like when they made the move from doormen being the local hardnut to anyone with a certificate, but it never got going because Alex Shane is a nobody and noone in government gives a fuck about wrestling.

26 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Presumably the government getting involved means they're looking to see whether anybody involved in wrestling is or wants to be a Tory backer, and what they can do to make a quick buck off the back of 

Great, so that means Sanjay Bagga and LDN Wrestling survives...

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Syl said:

Great, so that means Sanjay Bagga and LDN Wrestling survives...

Considering the stuff that came out about Bagga in this and the previous expose, probably not.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Considering the stuff that came out about Bagga in this and the previous expose, probably not.

A racist homophobe? He'd fit right in with the Tories. They'll get him a peerage. 

8 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Which I have experience of ;). I was more making light of the fact he's a massive Tory.

One of the MPs involved has Tweeted about the APPG. Looking forward to seeing what change this brings!

An APPG would be as powerful as you want it to be. I've been to the Rugby League APPG's receptions. I thought it was a good networking event but was ultimately useless as a body for change. However, with the covid crisis, those MPs lobbied the government to bail out professional Rugby League. If it's treated seriously and taken seriously by the industry, it has merit. 

• Paid Members

I don’t think completely changing his story from, “this woman has been stalking me for two years,” to, “actually, I had an affair with this woman, but everything else is a lie,” is the strategy he thinks it is. If you were full of shit before, why should people believe you now?

Probably would’ve chosen a different cap to wear during the video, too.

No doubt his fans will be all “See, he isn’t an abuser because it was consensual, all he did was cheat on his missus so that proves he isn’t a bad guy at all”. Fucking berks.