Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Bix has been pretty good at highlighting key points on his twitter. The amazing thing is how much Ryan basically admits while trying to spin it. He admits flirting with a teenage trainee, he admits 'invading personal space', he admits being aggressive and pushy... it's just that in all of this, he's tried to spin it that he's not a bad guy.

I talked about this on twitter, but it raises the point that a lot of what #MeToo was about was highlighting how common harassment and assault was - particularly harassment. I've recently been reading White Fragility, which talks about how defensive white people can get around racism, because they've been taught that racism is an active, targeted and evil thing. And they aren't actively racist, they don't target people, and most of all, they're not 'evil'. Whereas racism (particularly systemic and cultural racism) is something that many people do, including those that think of themselves as 'good'.

It's similar here. It seems like Joey Ryan has in mind this idea of how the behaviour he's being accused of is something only an 'evil' person could do. And he doesn't think of himself as an evil guy. However, what he's actually doing is centring himself in the narrative and not concentrating on how he made the women in question feel. He's too busy thinking of himself as a good guy, so there must be another explanation.

Caveat that I'm going off clips and not the whole thing because I'm not spending an hour watching Joey fucking Ryan defending himself. Between them, the Knights and Quackenbush going on for ages, you could spend longer than most Marvel movies watching wrestlers making things worse by trying to defend themselves against allegations.

Joey basically Weinsteined these women.  He trapped them in a situation, groped them, got his dick out, whatever.  He's admitting it too.  If the victims can either sue him or get him on a criminal charge, I hope they do.  This shit is inexcusable and it's beyond sociopathic that he thinks he can explain it away.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan is 40 years old. Fucking bloke talks about sex like all his references is reading Loaded magazine and watched the 10 minute freeview. 40 year old for fucks sake. He's a cunt. Anyone who has to say "and to get an idea of what her character his here's ..." is a fucking shitbag.

15 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Joey Ryan is 40 years old. Fucking bloke talks about sex like all his references is reading Loaded magazine and watched the 10 minute freeview. 40 year old for fucks sake. He's a cunt. Anyone who has to say "and to get an idea of what her character his here's ..." is a fucking shitbag.

He has prob been advised to discredit the victim. It's a shit thing to do but that's what all sexual assault legal cases are pinned on. Discredit the victim or witnesses. 

I for one think he comes off as a bag of shit. His gimmick doesn't help his case, it's sleazy and crude. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What do you expect them to outright admit it? 

It’s just exhausting how a lot of people accused of inappropriateness seems to develop amnesia yet still want to apologise for some event they conveniently don’t remember.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’s just exhausting how a lot of people accused of inappropriateness seems to develop amnesia yet still want to apologise for some event they conveniently don’t remember.

It's the predator version of the 'sorry if you felt that way' non apology. 

He video was basically a scumbag check list:

Discredit

Deny

Mention how you are trying to be a better person

Jesus reference. 

I notice that some relations of the accused think deleting a tweet equates to a retraction/discrediting... Doesn’t work that way!

I stand 100% by my claims and am completely open to be questioned on it, I just didn’t want the aggro of it being out in the open and didn’t fancy waking up to threats on live-streams by ex-convicts.

Edited by AVM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
20 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I'm a little outside the loop but that seems like an utterly empty "please can you do this? thanks" than any sort of actual governed law or rulebook.

Sort of how unionising works across the board, though; they want people to buy in, join the union, and have support if they refuse to work for promotions who don't follow those rules.