Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

13 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Had the global Coronavirus pandemic not occurred it would be interesting to see how this would have played out this month. You had WWE NXT:UK running in Glasgow at Braehead Arena the same weekend as ICW was to run Shugs House Party at the O2 Academy. I'm guessing the landscape of that weekend would be pretty different from the speaking out movement. 

Would there be fans snubbing ICW? Would the promotion take a serious stance and not be shying away from everything. How would WWE be handling this with having a relationship with ICW? Would Uncle Paul be walking away from it? 

ICW is already in serious decline following their more family friendly product u-turn thanks to all the promises in the world by trips and nxt-uk. Only for wwe to run against them on one of their biggest weekends.

i know we all just shrug it off and say its just Vince innit but some  stuff this company does is beyond scummy 

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

ICW is already in serious decline following their more family friendly product u-turn thanks to all the promises in the world by trips and nxt-uk. Only for wwe to run against them on one of their biggest weekends.

i know we all just shrug it off and say its just Vince innit but some  stuff this company does is beyond scummy 

Is running the same weekend really running against another promotion these days?

8 minutes ago, Ranmoor said:

Is running the same weekend really running against another promotion these days?

Well yeah... running against a competitor is running against a competitor.

Mind... all's fair in competition, but running in the same city as one of your affiliated promotions when you also share talent could be seen as a little passive aggressive.

Going off topic but being frank any promotor that believes a word from WWE management after all the years of them doing whatever it takes to maintain control of the industry is asking for trouble.

NOAH and Stardom management had the right idea and didn't sell to WWE which severely damaged their expansion plans.

You say that but ICW have been building for the future and haven’t necessarily been using the NXT:UK guys in their main storylines to minimise the impact of any clashes in scheduling.

Kenny Williams and Mark Coffey look set to challenge for the tag titles at some point but Wolfgang won’t necessarily join Bad Company to face OVE (if that eventually happens) and I can’t even remember Joe’s last match for ICW.

I’d also argue that it’s down to logistics, including availability of venues and most sensible order of touring, and not WWE choosing to deliberately run against ICW.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, HLSXN said:

I’d also argue that it’s down to logistics, including availability of venues and most sensible order of touring, and not WWE choosing to deliberately run against ICW.

You’re telling me WWE don’t know what venues their affiliates are running and when, and that it was just a coincidence?

Next you’ll be saying that the WOS relaunch definitely didn’t accelerate WWE’s plans in setting up NXT UK and that the timing on that was a coincidence, too…

With investigations beginning, I expect things to go quiet for a bit. Also, with no shows on, there's no impetus yet for promotions to demonstrate any changes they've made. It's time to let the legal process do its thing, and vote with our feet when shows restart.

Edited by CavemanLynn

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

You’re telling me WWE don’t know what venues their affiliates are running and when, and that it was just a coincidence?

Next you’ll be saying that the WOS relaunch definitely didn’t accelerate WWE’s plans in setting up NXT UK and that the timing on that was a coincidence, too…

I’m saying that they don’t give it as much consideration as previously implied.

ICW are not competition to WWE (or NXT:UK) and I don’t think WWE would deliberately run on the same night or seek to avoid potential clashes. I think it’s a non-issue.

WOS vs. NXT:UK is completely different & I totally agree with you there.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, HLSXN said:

I don’t think WWE would deliberately run on the same night or seek to avoid potential clashes. I think it’s a non-issue.

You've got more vowels in your user name than brain cells then. 

Start another thread to discuss the predatory promoting practices of WWE. This isn't the thread for it. 

44 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

With investigations beginning, I expect things to go quiet for a bit. Also, with no shows on, there's no impetus yet for promotions to demonstrate any changes they've made. It's time to let the legal process do its thing, and vote with our feet when shows restart.

What legal investigations are ongoing ?

• Paid Members

MLW's got some strange goings on at the minute. Weirdest thing is, its a pretty open secret its ran by a bunch of carnies with major connections to the Team Vision Dojo (the home of the worst people in Florida.)

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/04/exclusive-details-on-saieve-al-sabahs-exit-from-mlw-emails-exchanged-mlw-comments/