Petty Annoyances

When guys are all eyes, looking up at the ref's hand coming down during a pin attempt. I get it in somewhere like AEW where the cadence is all over the fucking place. Otherwise, play it by ear! Mans got no rhythm. Funny thing is, I didn't notice it was a thing before I caught Dean Ambrose doing it, now I see almost every fucker doing it.

Talking of Mox, him still coming out through the stands annoys the shit out of me. Looks silly and is a stark reminder that there's no fucking fans.

20 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

When guys are all eyes, looking up at the ref's hand coming down during a pin attempt.

Apparently that's a thing. When they look away that's the signal to do the 3 count proper

4 hours ago, IronSheik said:

The novelty has well and truly worn off wrestlers pointing or looking at the WrestleMania logo to signify a match at Mania.

It actually was cool the first time or two. But now is fucking lazy. 

Esp. When Ronda Rousey did it with a goofy grin on her face.. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, IronSheik said:

The novelty has well and truly worn off wrestlers pointing or looking at the WrestleMania logo to signify a match at Mania.

It actually was cool the first time or two. But now is fucking lazy. 

Can't believe no-one has ever mentioned that before.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Earl Hebner was pretty terrible. I didn’t realise at the time but watch it back and he’s distractingly rubbish a lot of the time.

I feel the same way about AEW ref Rick Knox, almost everything he does is irritating and distracting.

On the subject of referees, I get far more irritated than I probably should by referees getting distracted by someone on the apron, allowing the heel wrestler in ring to cheat. It happens so often that every referee should be savvy to it by now. 

Edited by RedRooster

40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I feel the same way about AEW ref Rick Knox, almost everything he does is irritating and distracting.? 

Really? I can’t think of anything he’s done that would annoy me in the slightest, I’d have said he’s one of the more consistent refs they have.

Hes certainly far better Bryce Remsburg whose more hammy than a deli, and the less said about Aubrey Edwards the better

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

'Personalising' wrestling moves [bar a few exceptions] irks me way more than it really should.
'Cheeky Nando's kick', 'The Awful Waffle', 'The Champagne Super-kneebar', ;The Shiniest Wizard'.... eurgh, just fuck off with that bullshit. 

Late ECW was terrible for this sort of thing and everything seemed to need a name, even generic mid match moves everyone does. What made it worse was they all seemed to be a lazy pun like the Heineken-rana and Jazz Stinger.

14 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Late ECW was terrible for this sort of thing and everything seemed to need a name, even generic mid match moves everyone does. What made it worse was they all seemed to be a lazy pun like the Heineken-rana and Jazz Stinger.

It seemed like every move Danny Doring and Simon Diamond did either had to be a play on their name or a pub of some sort

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I liked the Heineken-Rana as Sandmans version was so shite it made sense to highlight that it was a drunken idiots version of the move.

Second the love for Heineken-rana. And Sandman in general really.

I don't mind gimmick names for moves, but it annoys me if they don't fit the gimmick of the wrestler. Not that I could think of a better name. I never liked F5, and if someone can tell me why Shawn Spears' running death valley driver is called a C4, thanks.

Mentioned earlier in the thread, but anyone who types "Hornswaggle" and "Rhonda" immediately outs themselves as a massive idiot to me. In theory, easy mistakes to make, but when you're posting about how someone in wrestling is incompetent, you look an utter fucking div if you're simultaneously getting the wrestler's name wrong. And along the same lines...

Wrestlers, fans, promoters and "journalists" being such cretins that they've managed to widely fuck up the spelling of "indie" is one I've moaned about before. I assume that it only survives because indie wrestling coverage mostly stays at the illiterate-with-blog levels, whereas indie film and indie music have a broader appeal and are talked about in the mainstream by people who know how to read and write. A lot of proper trash culture doesn't have an independent scene in the same way, I suppose. Adam Woodyatt doesn't quit EastEnders and do a tour of the YouTube soaps as Pete Beale Jr, where he comes in for one episode to take over the pub, shag the main woman and do a speech to camera about how he hated the politics in the Walford territory.

Another annoyance of mine is when wrestlers have a finishing move that's easier to hit than their other moves. Why wait? If it's your biggest hit and you can do it easier than ten things that are more effort/risk, just do the big one ten times. And then a similar one but also contradicting it is I don't like when a wrestler's finisher looks less impressive/impactful than their other moves. Logically, there's nothing wrong with it. In a real fight or Street Fighter II Turbo, you can do all sorts of flashy shite and it can be a little jab that finally knocks them out. But in a narrative sense, it's rubbish. You want your biggest fireworks to be at the finale.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Another annoyance of mine is when wrestlers have a finishing move that's easier to hit than their other moves. Why wait? If it's your biggest hit and you can do it easier than ten things that are more effort/risk, just do the big one ten times. And then a similar one but also contradicting it is I don't like when a wrestler's finisher looks less impressive/impactful than their other moves. Logically, there's nothing wrong with it. In a real fight or Street Fighter II Turbo, you can do all sorts of flashy shite and it can be a little jab that finally knocks them out. But in a narrative sense, it's rubbish. You want your biggest fireworks to be at the finale.

Surely this fits nearly every wrestler? It's just one of those inconsistencies in wrestling fans accept.

Like in a brawl Triple H will hit the Pedigree with no problem whatsoever but in a match he needs to wear his opponent down for 20 minutes first.